COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Evening guys.....we drove across Tennessee yesterday and got to Pigeon Forge in the afternoon. We went to a Brazilian steak house for dinner...16 different cuts of meat during dinner.
" I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Asheville is only an hour or so away and we had hoped to go to Bryson City but those poor folks have had their lives washed away and the emergency folks need to be able to help so no need for us to be in the way.

We have come about as far East as we could go on Rt40 as it and many other highways are shut.

You are good people not to get in the way.
Please be safe.
Your trip (while cut shorter) seems to be amazing anyway.
16 different kinds of beef!?!?!?
Wow! I hope you put yer FOOT in all that goodness!!!! 🤭

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Evening guys.....we drove across Tennessee yesterday and got to Pigeon Forge in the afternoon. We went to a Brazilian steak house for dinner...16 different cuts of meat during dinner.
" I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Asheville is only an hour or so away and we had hoped to go to Bryson City but those poor folks have had their lives washed away and the emergency folks need to be able to help so no need for us to be in the way.

We have come about as far East as we could go on Rt40 as it and many other highways are shut.
The Brazilian steakhouse is great! Did they bring the meat right to your table and slice off for you?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The Brazilian steakhouse is great! Did they bring the meat right to your table and slice off for you?
They sure did Ray.... and as long as you forget to turn the table marker to Red, they keep coming! I had pork rib, mignon wrapped in bacon, supurb chicken teriyaki and topsirloin on my plate at once.

Thanks C, we are very fortunate on this trip that we were able to dance around the storms more or less without impacting our trip very much but it also helped that we had no "cast in stone" components once MS Sully was safely home with Ray.

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
They sure did Ray.... and as long as you forget to turn the table marker to Red, they keep coming! I had pork rib, mignon wrapped in bacon, supurb chicken teriyaki and topsirloin on my plate at once.

Thanks C, we are very fortunate on this trip that we were able to dance around the storms more or less without impacting our trip very much but it also helped that we had no "cast in stone" components once MS Sully was safely home with Ray.
After you bringing up Brazilian steak house. I will definitely be going soon.
Glad your trip has been good.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Morning guys....
We crossed a bridge yesterday morning in Gatlinburg then we went to Dollywood in the afternoon.
20241002_105854.jpg
we got back to our hotel at 10....and none too early for my knee let me tell you! LOL

it was a lot of walking but it was a blast. Last time we were here in '17 or '18, I lost our car key in the park! This time it was nice to crawl into the car to head back to our room this time

We talked last night and we have decided to head home today. We both miss The Nook and Kerry caught me looking at pics of Big Matt last night. It's time.

Enjoy the morning.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Morning guys....
We crossed a bridge yesterday morning in Gatlinburg then we went to Dollywood in the afternoon.
View attachment 380347
we got back to our hotel at 10....and none too early for my knee let me tell you! LOL

it was a lot of walking but it was a blast. Last time we were here in '17 or '18, I lost our car key in the park! This time it was nice to crawl into the car to head back to our room this time

We talked last night and we have decided to head home today. We both miss The Nook and Kerry caught me looking at pics of Big Matt last night. It's time.

Enjoy the morning.....
Well, what a splendid vacation!!! You were lucky to have been able to take the time to do this. And time well spent!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Morning guys....
View attachment 380347

Enjoy the morning.....
Glad that area must not have been hit hard from the storm. My parents lived just over the mountains from Gatlinburg. A little town called Maggie Valley NC. Saw on the news they were hit pretty bad.
Glad you both had fun!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We made it almost to the Bay Bridge near home. 525 miles or near so. We took Rt66 around DC....ALL OF IT was very heavy and lots of stop & go....50 miles of it. There was an accident or stupid maintenance on the Bay bridge and it was a 3.5hr 11 mile backup so we bailed and are spending the night in Annapolis. We weren't capable of dealing with it!

The best laid plans....LOL

Tomorrow, tomorrow.....

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We got home just before sunrise. WHEW!
It will take a few days to internalize and digest the adventure that we were very fortunate to be able to enjoy, but it's good to be home some 4,000 miles cavorting with my sweetheart.

We met some very special people like the guy with a crosseye at Graceland who asked me if I ever met Elvis. We saw him later and said "hi" & he told us he had a great time until he had hit his head on something.
It took restraint when EVERY brain cell was screaming " wow, you sure did, you know your eye is wonky?" but Kerry sensed it coming and led with a preemptive arm-squeeze! LOL

We also got a chance to meet Mark and his beautiful wife who is 80 miles away and Ray in Florida....so we also got to meet some normal people too!

A few cool animals too...Sully and Opo...each on his or her own merits is a spectacular example of a Sulc. Together...it must amazing for you Ray. I don't usually have a reason to get jealous of anyone but this nags me a little. I could be jealous of that experience brother.

The only other turtle we saw outside of the water turtles was a box turtle on the white line....of Rt 81 while driving 85mph. Sorry guy, hope you make it back. We didn't see too much cool wildlife but we did meet a couple of educated Crows at a couple of gas stations. They talked with you to get food! Cool.

The wildest thing was yesterday driving out of Tennessee, a BEAR had been dancing in traffic...it was dead but the whole bear head was undamaged and very fresh. WOW! Holy Mollie...how many bears have to be there before they begin getting hit?

We began our "lessons learned" discussion yesterday and how the car we selected worked on the road.

#1 lesson learned- Avoid at ALL COSTS driving in the Annapolis-DC-FAIRFAX corridor.

Lol

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The wildest thing was yesterday driving out of Tennessee, a BEAR had been dancing in traffic...it was dead but the whole bear head was undamaged and very fresh.

That's a peculiar way to describe it. Is there a new souvenir hanging on your wall?