comments and replies forbidden on posts in for sale section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
I think that's most likely my only gripe about this forum at all.

I really dislike the fact that if I have a question about something that's for sale I have to PM the poster and find out what's up.

I think it would make it easier for everyone if that rule is lifted. I'd be willing to bet people who sell here answer the same question a bunch of times, which would be alleviated had the person been able to ask their question on the thread and the next person can simply read it there.

moswen

5 Year Member
i completely agree stev... i can't figure out why comments are banned either. i could see how a rude comment wouldn't be necessary, and could easily be deleted by a moderator, but i don't understand why polite conversation about the animal is not okay. but hey, maybe that's why i don't run this forum lol!! someone should be able to stop by and satisfy our curiosity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I thought we did open that back up, but only for questions or comments relating DIRECTLY to the sale and or post.

Am I mistaken?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I second that to :D it make no sense to me either is there a mod out ther that explain this rule :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Questions pertaining to the sale of the animal are ok. Its the comments that are not ok. Like, "Wow! What a beautiful tortoise." That serves no purpose to the ad and will be removed. Or, "I've dealt with so-and-so before and he has always done right by me." This has no bearing on this particular animal so it will be removed. If you ask questions about whether male or female, size, where are you located, etc. These questions will be allowed.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Thank you for the feedback! We are always trying to make the site better.
The reason we added this rule is to keep people from derailing for sale topics and ruining the ad for the seller. This limitation also makes it easier for buyers to find the information relevant to the item.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Josh said:
The reason we added this rule is to keep people from derailing for sale topics and ruining the ad for the seller. This limitation also makes it easier for buyers to find the information relevant to the item.

I think the policy works well.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
Josh said:
Thanks so much, Yvonne explained it perfectly. I misunderstood the rule, I'm glad I got clarification!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your question could have been sent in a PM or email to the original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.