Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
As promised in Introductions thread - pics of my babies,

Fluffy - Hermanns
Bella - Greek
Wanderer - Hermanns (no individual pic, doesnt sit still long enough hence the name!)
New one - Greek, only had him 2 days, havent named him yet.

new one.JPGfluffy.JPGbella.JPGall 4.JPG

Hopefully I've got my identifications right - now is the time I find out I suppose!!

Helen

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice pictures! That looks like quite an accident that Fluffy had. Glad it didn't kill her. Your tortoises look very healthy.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Oh Thank You! That means a lot as I'm really new to this and have rescued my tortoises from various places over here in Greece. They can be found wild all over the island and my 4 were all in various states of bad health or unsuitable situations! Fluffy's shell is the issue with her, Bella was about to be run over by a tourist coach on the main road from Corfu Town! Wanderer has a very uneven shell, with little chunks out of it, looks like she's fallen down a cliff at some point, she was covered in mud and dirt, wouldnt eat and was terribly lethargic - now we cant keep up with her, and our latest one, we found 2 days ago has some awful areas on his legs where the scales have rubbed right down to pink skin. He's obviously been trying to escape from somewhere and couldnt get out.

Not sure how other members will feel about this, but all four of mine are house tortoises. They have the run of the place, as well as their own area for digging, scratching, eating, sleeping etc. We have had 5 eggs laid so far, not sure if by Bella or Fluffy but none of them were viable.

I soak them every 3 days or so - different reactions to this - Fluffy loves it - lies there with all her legs strectched out, Bella just tries to climb out, Wanderer is slowly getting used to it, and my new one (really must name him!!) just sits there.

Is it normal for tortoises to like human company so much? Fluffy seems t lkie sitting with me, this is since I found her behind the central heating boiler having climbed up on the pipes and got herself upside down! When i got her out I held her to me - natural reaction - and now she sits with me, sleeps on my knee, and rests her head on my chest when I hold her!!

Sorry have waffled - perhaps I should have put this in the general forum???!!

Helen x

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Normally I'm not an advocate of allowing the tortoise to roam the house...too much for them to get into, but it sounds like its working for you. And your tortoises look pretty darned good.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You have 4 Hermanns tortoises, Testudo hermanni boettgeri. If you post plastron (bottom shell) pictures we could tell you everyone's sex. :)

Danny

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
egyptiandan said:
You have 4 Hermanns tortoises, Testudo hermanni boettgeri. If you post plastron (bottom shell) pictures we could tell you everyone's sex. :)

Danny

Really??? But they are soooo different - definitely Fluffy and Bella are totally different...

OK, will grab them later and do up and down pics for clarification - not that I mind what they are but I obviously need more practice identifying!

Off for lunch and to feed the rest of my family zoo (hubby, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats and a baby terrapin) will upload later..

Oh and thank you for the lovely comment Finleaf
H x

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Ok I just have to say that I love the name Fluffy! They are all so cute and if them running free around your home works for you; dont worry about what others think. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.