DeeOak

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi, I noticed my tortoise has a cracked shell above it’s head. Should we take it to the vet or would it heal on its own with cleaning and antiseptic ointments? Tried calling a vet and they said they don’t deal with exotics, and the number they referred me to is out of order. Will definitely find a vet if needed. Thank you. It’s eating and moving around just fine. EC4233FA-2650-4B2B-8FAD-90574FF05964.jpeg

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
First thing you need to do is figure out how it happened. Is this tort sharing space with other torts? I would definitely flush it out with warm water, dry and apply some neosporin

DeeOak

California
First thing you need to do is figure out how it happened. Is this tort sharing space with other torts? I would definitely flush it out with warm water, dry and apply some neosporin
Not sharing space with other tortoise. We think he may have fallen head first trying to get out of its enclosure. We have since fixed the issue with its enclosure where it would climb over.

Ok, we did flush it out as soon as I noticed the crack. We’ll make sure to apply neosporin.