Curtis’s first taste of Mazuri, courtesy of Tom!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
@Tom, the amazing guy he is, sent me a giant package of mazuri and cactus pads! I think Curtis likes it...
Will definitely be trying it with my beardie when he stops trying to brumate, and I’ll have to buy some when I run out! It truly is tortoise crack.
Can’t wait to replant some of the cacti! I’m sure it’ll look great around Curtis’s outdoor enclosure, lol.

Thanks, Tom!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
@Tom, the amazing guy he is, sent me a giant package of mazuri and cactus pads! I think Curtis likes it...
Will definitely be trying it with my beardie when he stops trying to brumate, and I’ll have to buy some when I run out! It truly is tortoise crack.
Can’t wait to replant some of the cacti! I’m sure it’ll look great around Curtis’s outdoor enclosure, lol.

Thanks, Tom!
Oh no now curtis will dream of mazuri...It's like you gave a kid it's first candy.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
It is a tortoise crack. Use it for foods he doesn't like too. Soak mazuri so it's really soft and mush it together with foods you want him too eat but won't. They usually can't resist.

Definitely! Thankfully, Curtis is usually a pig and eats whatever I put in front of him. Although, it might be a good thing to mix into the zoomed grassland tortoise food... I think that’s the only thing he won’t eat, or will only take a few bites of.

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Angleton
I got the mazuri tortoise diet LS, and they will not eat it. So I just ordered a bag of the regular Mazuri TD. See if they will eat that.

Seams like all the breeders say that the torts are eating weeds and grass and greens and mazuri. So maybe I just got the wrong mazuri.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I got the mazuri tortoise diet LS, and they will not eat it. So I just ordered a bag of the regular Mazuri TD. See if they will eat that.

Seams like all the breeders say that the torts are eating weeds and grass and greens and mazuri. So maybe I just got the wrong mazuri.

Yeah, for some reason most torts don’t seem to like the LS Version. It still has great ingredients, though, so be sure to mix the regular mazuri with it to get them to eat it :)

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
It is a tortoise crack. Use it for foods he doesn't like too. Soak mazuri so it's really soft and mush it together with foods you want him too eat but won't. They usually can't resist.

Wow, never thought of that before. That's a great idea.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Did the cactus pads make it in one piece? I was afraid they'd get all squished without any padding or wrapping, but I wanted to fit as many as I could in the box. 3 different types in there. I also had to use little small pads since the box was so small.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Did the cactus pads make it in one piece? I was afraid they'd get all squished without any padding or wrapping, but I wanted to fit as many as I could in the box. 3 different types in there. I also had to use little small pads since the box was so small.

Yep, all in one piece! Already getting two ready to plant ;)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I bought a 2lb bag of the original off eBay last week and my Tortoise definately seems to like it better than the LS version
IMG_20181024_183716027.jpg