Cutting into Quick - first time owner, advice needed

TVdinnermasterchef

Location (City and/or State)
Rotherham
This is its current enclosure, measuring roughly 4ft by 1.5ft (completely insufficient).

The next pic of the living room shows where it would go. In essence, imagine an enclosure as wide as it's current enclosure is long, extending to the middle of the room, around where my son's toy garage is located. Plus, about 3" deeper as mentioned.

Should be much better for the little guy.

Attachments

• 20240810_130550.jpg
    20240810_130550.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240810_130624.jpg
    20240810_130624.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ooo you could potentially consider an ‘L’ shaped enclosure to fit the corner and offer more space? So a 6x4 section with a 4x4 attached maybe? Just a thought🙂

TVdinnermasterchef

Rotherham
We would have no living room left at that point I'm afraid, plus a clumsy 4 year old running in between parts of the enclosure would be a disaster ready to happen.

TVdinnermasterchef

Rotherham
The view from behind the couch. It would essentially come to within a couple of feet of the couch if designed as an L.

Attachments

• 20240810_133857.jpg
    20240810_133857.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1

zovick

10 Year Member!
The view from behind the couch. It would essentially come to within a couple of feet of the couch if designed as an L.
I think the idea was to have the foot of the L go into the area under your shelving and the upper part go along the wall to where your son's garage is located. That way it is no closer to your couch than what you mentioned it would be previously.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I think the idea was to have the foot of the L go into the area under your shelving and the upper part go along the wall to where your son's garage is located. That way it is no closer to your couch than what you mentioned it would be previously.
That was my thinking, but I understand if it’s a bit too awkward for the space, perhaps this kind of shape could work too? Again just make sure you’re going as big as possible so they have the much needed roaming room🙂

Just note the photo example is wayyyyy too small! It’s strictly to give an idea of the shape that might be more convenient for your space, whilst allowing you to go on the large scale they need👍

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpeg
    IMG_2632.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0

TVdinnermasterchef

Rotherham

Perhaps, but the shelf is no more than 18" deep, and the router. Is located there so it doesn't work. Given the original quote was to add a 4ft x 4ft L, the only way that could work is to come towards the couch.

I might have read too much into it...