Daisy Has A Cold

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning everyone,

I had trouble getting through to the vets because their phone line was down but I managed to get an appointment with Daisy's vet for next Tuesday at 5.45 pm. I know it's a week away but if I feel Jacky needs to be seen a bit sooner I can phone and ask to see the other vet who is also pretty good. I noticed today that Jacky was more desperate to get out of the soaking tub than yesterday and that when I put her back in the warmest part of the enclosure she moved so that she is not under heat bar but half under the basking lamp. In other words she has moved to the cooler side of the enclosure. Also her nostril which looked inflamed looks a little better if she improves by Tuesday I am still keeping that appointment because I want her to have a checkup.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

I had the enclosure at 22 degrees Celsius last night and Jacky is walking around exploring. I will turn up but only to 28 degrees as it is warming up and I am going to leave the heat bar today. She seems to be heading in the right direction just a shame about me with my dental issues and hay fever and my anxiety over Jacky.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

I've decided to get Jacky to the vets earlier and she has an appointment at 6.45 today.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone,

I am updating you all on Jacky following the appointment above Jacky was suffering because of not being able to hibernate properly due to a mild winter and in a second appointment a small lump was found on an X-ray. She spent three nights at the vet and started to show an improvement. Since she returned home she has improved even more and is eating regularly, walking and pooping. A CT scan was proposed but that has been put off for now because she is improving and sedation is risky for an 87 year old tortoise. When the vet first showed me the lump I could tell where it was but now I can't find it so Jacky has literally been signed off although I will take her back before hibernation. I am also considering taking her to the vets when she is even fitter ie when the weather is warmer and I can lower the temperature in the enclosure. I can't thank the vet's enough especially as I thought I would lose her six months after losing Daisy.

Thankyou Tom, Wellington and everybody else for your advice and support.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone,

Jacky had a checkup at the vet's this afternoon and he was pleased that she seemed so energetic. He looked at her lump and whilst it is still there it is no bigger. However he was mystified about her weight because she was just over 3 kilos last time but she was three kilos this time. I am not too worried because she could have been carrying last time and she is much more lively now. It seems that her weight is a okay for a Greek Tortoise and I sending a sample of her faeces to a website.

MaNaAk