De-Pooping Tank

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Not the most glamorous job, but someone's gotta do it!

It has come to my attention that my wonderful boyfriend has been going out and attempting to scoop Tank's mess before Tanky walks away. This scares the poor tort, causing him to drop down onto his business... making it stick to his tummy. The issue is that unless he walks over the grass, it sticks and dries (ewwwwww).

Recently, I've been trying to figure out a way to remove the mess from his plastron.

Today, a breakthrough has been made.

I found a sprinkler. Its about a foot wide, and stands 4" off the ground. All I need to do is get Tank to walk over it a few times, then walk over the push broom.

But suprise suprise, he wouldn't do it. So, I grabbed my green baseball cap, the one he likes to bite at, and went to sit in the grass.

Apparently, me on my elbows in front of a sprinkler, behind a broom in a green hat is not an everyday sight.

Because Dylan (aka the one who started this whole mess and hasn't done much to fix the problem) walks into the yard and gives me the most irritating "What the hell are you doing now" look ever.

Then, DUN DUN DUN... Directly after questioning my mental state, he held Tank up, off the ground (a feat I definitely couldn't have pulled off) and rolled him over.

I'm excited that Tank is sparkly clean, but I'm extremely bummed that I didn't think of simply rolling him over. :rolleyes:

Have a nice Thursday everyone! :cool:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You are lucky, if I had seen you do it, I would have taken some pics, went to twitter with #crazytortoiselady.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Stuck poo to the underside....well, pretty common, let the tort do his business and take a walk about...tadaaaa---poo dries and falls away :rolleyes: Or, if you see it while it is stuck--find a stick and flick it off...tadaaaa, no stuck business to the bottom side :D