Dexter's New Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
One of my neighbors that just lost two golden retrievers back-to-back. Both very young. One from cancer the second from a heart attack. They weren't ready for a new puppy yet so they got into a program where they house service dogs that have finished training but are waiting for their new home with a disabled veteran returning from service.
This is Hooligan on the right who will be going to his new owner in a couple of weeks when he gets home from the hospital.
Looks like Dexter will be getting a new friend every few weeks now.
He will be socializing puppies doing his part to serve his country and take care of our returning veterans.

d2fba4cc.jpg
[/IMG]

cljohnson said:
One of my neighbors that just lost two golden retrievers back-to-back. Both very young. One from cancer the second from a heart attack. They weren't ready for a new puppy yet so they got into a program where they house service dogs that have finished training but are waiting for their new home with a disabled veteran returning from service.
This is Hooligan on the right who will be going to his new owner in a couple of weeks when he gets home from the hospital.
Looks like Dexter will be getting a new friend every few weeks now.
He will be socializing puppies doing his part to serve his country and take care of our returning veterans.

[/IMG]

d2fba4cc.jpg

Sorry for some reason my iPhone app is acting up. First it didn't post then it double posted.
Photo links don't show up on my iPhone but they do on the website.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
Laura said:
how old is Hooligan? he looks like a young puppy.. what kind of training?
neat program!!

He is a little over 10 months old.
The Marine he is going to is a double amputee with a son that has MS.
He is trained as a general companion dog.
Others in the program have more specialized training for hearing or vision impaired vets.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
That is awesome stuff, they are both beautiful and wow, that is a really big black nose on that puppy....I don't know if it is just the pic or if its nose is that prominent....way fun stuff...

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Very cute puppies! Sorry to hear what happened to your friend though. Glad to hear that he's been able to move on and help other people!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ascott said:
That is awesome stuff, they are both beautiful and wow, that is a really big black nose on that puppy....I don't know if it is just the pic or if its nose is that prominent....way fun stuff...

:D The nose helps to give him that kinda cute, but dopey look. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.