Does Curtis walk funny?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Or am I just paranoid?
It looks like he walks with his front legs bent inward. Not sure if it’s just a normal tortoise walk, or a problem.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kinda hard to tell by that vid. Not really enough of just walking high and proud.
Their feet do turn in. His front left as you are looking at him kind seems a little dragging but again need a better vid of walking

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
He is looking good. I think he is ready for some food though before he eats the pavement [emoji6]

Kinda hard to tell by that vid. Not really enough of just walking high and proud.
Their feet do turn in. His front left as you are looking at him kind seems a little dragging but again need a better vid of walking

Yeah, he really likes the pavement for some reason, lol. He gets a cuttlebone and weekly vitamin supplements with a varied diet, so I’m not sure why.

Thank you Wellington! I also noticed that it was dragging a bit in the video, but he doesn’t do it in the enclosure, so I find it a bit confusing. Maybe he’s too preoccupied with sampling the native asphalt to care? Lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah, he really likes the pavement for some reason, lol. He gets a cuttlebone and weekly vitamin supplements with a varied diet, so I’m not sure why.

Thank you Wellington! I also noticed that it was dragging a bit in the video, but he doesn’t do it in the enclosure, so I find it a bit confusing. Maybe he’s too preoccupied with sampling the native asphalt to care? Lol
Yeah, that's why if you can get a vid of him not wanting to eat. I'm thinking it's just the way he's moving while trying to eat the pavement.
If diet is right on and he has a big enough enclosure, there shouldn't be a problem. A too small enclosure can cause walking/muscle problems.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Yeah, that's why if you can get a vid of him not wanting to eat. I'm thinking it's just the way he's moving while trying to eat the pavement.
If diet is right on and he has a big enough enclosure, there shouldn't be a problem. A too small enclosure can cause walking/muscle problems.

Thank you! I think it might be impossible to get a video of him not wanting to eat, lol. He ALWAYS wants to eat!
I’ll be sure to watch it, and make sure it stays normal. I think I’m just being an overprotective tortoise momma, lol