Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
If its a depressant in humans I'm sure it's not a stretch for it to be the same for our torts.

Laurie said:
I think smoking around a tortoise, or anything that breathes for that matter, probably isn't a good idea. I smoked for 22 years, a bad habit I started when I was 16. Next month, I will be cigarette free for two years! I've never felt better.

Congrats. Feels good huh?! I was 2 years June, so weird that I can't really remember personally smoking but do have a craving at times, just a random pull that goes as quickly as it came. What worked for you? Hypnosis, will power and tedious hand activities (micro painting) helped me kick it after years of trying to quit.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I think that smoking pot around them could make them a little sluggish, but it really increases their appetite.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
yagyujubei said:
I think that smoking pot around them could make them a little sluggish, but it really increases their appetite.

A room-mate of mine had a brilliant idea...he put my 1st Hermann's in a paper grocery bag and "shot-gunned" her with some primo Panama Red (while I was at work)...didn't seem to affect her, at all, as she was as energetic as ever, afterwards, and her appetite was always excellent, so it's hard to say if it increased any.

Said room-mate's broken nose healed, eventually...

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Just to add another data point- tobacco and all derivatives (as well as marijuana) are listed in Mader's "Reptile Medicine and Surgery" as lethally toxic to reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.