Don't get me wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
I love seeing baby pictures of torts :3 they are the cutest lil things ever! but it would be nice for a change to see more adult tort pictures, like 30 yrs or even older, but i welcome all pictures, I would just like to see some older torts too, and it seems like they don't get enough credit!!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I am with you on this one. I haven't seen one posted any older than 15 years of age. My girlfriends aunt has 2 box turtles that are thirty but they are currently hibernating!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I will only speak for myself here. All of my adults were raised incorrectly due to ignorance. 13 years ago, when I got my current adults, nobody, including me, knew how to raise them correctly. As a result, my adults are..., shall we say, "unimpressive". I love them dearly, but I'm not too keen on showing them off a lot. All of the hatchlings that I have been raising in the last couple of years look fantastic, and those are the ones I want to show to the world. I'll bet some others might be feeling this way too.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
I completely understand Tom, but maybe you should post those pictures sort of as a warning saying, "this is what could happen to your tort if you don't care for them like they need" I know that it would change my outlook on how to raise my lil tort, I already want to give him the best life that he could possibly have, but seeing those other torts would make me feel like i can give mine a better life than what those little guys had, no offense because im sure they have an amazing life with you right now, but starting off is what i mean.

Katherine

5 Year Member
I do not have any 30+ year old tortoises and all my old box turtles are evasive. Next time I catch them on the prowl or in the water I will try to remember to photograph their old men faces. Like Tom, I did not always have the advantage of knowledge and experience I now do...but just because I have some lumps and bumps in the backyard doesn't mean I do not love them to pieces and enjoy showing them off! Sometimes I take more pictures of the younger tortoises for the simple fact of they are more cooperative/easier to manipulate. It's hard to coax a tortoise who weighs more than you carry to look at a camera but easy to pick up a hatchling and snap a shot.

af639d36.jpg

9edbf123.jpg

cc32d397.jpg

fda88ad3.jpg

f6a1161e.jpg

214deac5.jpg

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
aww i LOVE the last picture you posted, looks like hes got a wig on or something haha.. and yes i can imagine how uncooperative the bigger ones can be haha but thank you so much!! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would love to see them too. Bumps and all. Please share your oldies but goodies with us:D

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
i think i might have one of my old russian... lemme look..

(dunno why im telling you guys to hold on while i look, its not like its going to matter rofl)

well there he is in the background... and my fattie of a lizard rofl. thats the only one i have of him =\ that makes me really sad lol

Attachments

• Picture 158.jpg
    Picture 158.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 63

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
IRTehDuckie said:
i think i might have one of my old russian... lemme look..

(dunno why im telling you guys to hold on while i look, its not like its going to matter rofl)

well there he is in the background... and my fattie of a lizard rofl. thats the only one i have of him =\ that makes me really sad lol

LOL 'funny, telling us to hold on, got carried away:p. Do you still have that tort? Also did/does your bearded live in with him? I assumed the log was for the bearded:D love those beardeds. Lost mine last year.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
I loved my beardie too, her name was lillie but sadly i dont have either of them anymore =[ i tried to save the russian but he was sick when i got him, and yeah they did live together, and my beardie died in 2010 that summer =[[ but the russian was gone long before her.. still sad to have lost both =[

Katherine

5 Year Member
My little old lady friend. She was feeling a little violated when I busted into her tall grass hide away and this is the best I could do for a photo...
c0eb09bb.jpg
[/IMG]

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
hahaha her expressions is like, "Excuse me? what do you think you are doing?"

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I just think a lot of them don't make it to adulthood. When you think about it, every day you read something about someone's tort attacked by a dog, something went wrong with temps, wrong diet, no sunlight etc.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Weda737 said:
I just think a lot of them don't make it to adulthood. When you think about it, every day you read something about someone's tort attacked by a dog, something went wrong with temps, wrong diet, no sunlight etc.

Ohhhh I think more make it than not:D I sure hope

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
wellington said:
Weda737 said:

Ohhhh I think more make it than not:D I sure hope

I said 'a lot' not 'most' lol Yeah I really hope so too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.