Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
I usually dry collard, mustard, turnip and kale greens, and whatever else I can find, together, then crumble them into a fine mess, which I add to the soaked Marion red sticks. I alternate with fresh greens, cactus and a similar mess made w/ dried weeds and soaked red sticks. My torts love it all.

However, a question was posed to me and I thought I pass it on, to get y'all's perspective: Is it better to keep the dried greens seperated by type, mix 'em together, mix 'em w/ the weeds?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would go with all mixed together, I know some tortoises can become picky about food when you feed them only one type and they find out they like it. One word of advice just don't take big bagfuls of it with you on car trips, ok :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dmmj said:
I would go with all mixed together, I know some tortoises can become picky about food when you feed them only one type and they find out they like it. One word of advice just don't take big bagfuls of it with you on car trips, ok :)

Never again... :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hmmmm...so there's no advantage to, say, feeding red sticks-augmented dried collards on Monday, opuntia on Tuesday, red sticks-augmented spiny lettuce on Wednesday, spring mix on Thursday, red sticks-augmented Turnip greens on Friday, Opuntia again on Saturday...yada yada?

Just mix all the dried greens and weeds together and add an appropriate amount to the soaked red sticks per feeding, then alternating w/ opuntia or spring mix, depending on the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.