Edible Eggs

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Okay, so a while back my RES ate one of he eggs, and I was helpfully informed it would just give her a little calcium boost :D so now, I was thinking, would it be a good idea to occasionally give the eggs/eggshells? Chcien egg shells are little harder, but I think I'd be hardboiling them, so it would soften up a little. If the shells are a no go, how about plain, cooked, egg innards?
Thank you! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. It's ok to give eggs and egg shells to the kind of tortoises that eat animal protein, like RF tortoises.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
While they can eat eggs, I never tried it myself, so I don't know how readily they will eat them. My only concern with egg shells, is they are sharp, ground up in a mortar and pestle, should be ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry...I guess I need to pay attention to where I'm reading, huh?

Yes, turtles can eat eggs and egg shells.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Now I have a question ( I feed egg shells to my torts ) but turtles are feed in the water putting boiled eggs in water for turtles ? Will that breed bad bactiria ?

Delilah1623

Now I have a question ( I feed egg shells to my torts ) but turtles are feed in the water putting boiled eggs in water for turtles ? Will that breed bad bactiria ?
I feed my turtle in a separate container. Keeps the water clean and makes him easier to handle cuz he knows being picked up means food!