Eggs, day 23. Verdict?

Pattiip

5 Year Member
20160914_191343.jpg

It's Patti from the UK again.
These are the most recent photos when I candled my 8 eggs today.
They're Hermann eggs, laid 23 days ago by my 50yr old girl, Maude.
They've changed a little from a week ago, but still no sign of veins, alas.
Can anyone see anything?
Verdict please, fertile or infertile?
Arghhhh

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
View attachment 186897

It's Patti from the UK again.
These are the most recent photos when I candled my 8 eggs today.
They're Hermann eggs, laid 23 days ago by my 50yr old girl, Maude.
They've changed a little from a week ago, but still no sign of veins, alas.
Can anyone see anything?
Verdict please, fertile or infertile?
Arghhhh

Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum!

Pattiip

5 Year Member
Thank you for replying, any views on my eggs. I'm trying to post more photos 20160914_191443.jpg 20160914_191443.jpg 20160914_191443.jpg 20160914_191443.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
In these photos I cannot see an embryo or development. However no reason to toss them. If they surpass 90-120 days or so I'd wonder for sure. Hermans incubate rather rapidly. Never know. I never toss eggs unless they crack and ooze, or have maggots in them. I learned this the hard way with candled eggs that had no apparent growth, and yet little leopards emerged weeks later. Never give up. She's been with a male correct?

Pattiip

5 Year Member
The eggs all started to chalk by day 2 or 3, I had high hopes that my two 10 yr old boys were large enough to have worked their magic.
But still no sign of veins
Is there any chance these may be fertile?

Pattiip

5 Year Member
In these photos I cannot see an embryo or development. However no reason to toss them. If they surpass 90-120 days or so I'd wonder for sure. Hermans incubate rather rapidly. Never know. I never toss eggs unless they crack and ooze, or have maggots in them. I learned this the hard way with candled eggs that had no apparent growth, and yet little leopards emerged weeks later. Never give up. She's been with a male correct?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The eggs all started to chalk by day 2 or 3, I had high hopes that my two 10 yr old boys were large enough to have worked their magic.
But still no sign of veins
Is there any chance these may be fertile?
Yep, never give up. They appear to be nice looking eggs. I'd just imagine at this length of time in they would be visible. @HermanniChris is your man when it comes to Hermanns though.

Pattiip

5 Year Member
Yes, I have two boys aged over 10. I'd hoped this year they'd actually reach! They've been trying for many years now!
I've got the eggs in a herb ll incubator. Should I put the heat up slightly?
Is there anything I can do to help them?

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
So far all normal. Hermann's eggs can develop at different intervals. Don't mess with them too much. Leave them be and check in another 10-14 days. You should definitely see attests a bullseye or web-like veins at that point.

Pattiip

5 Year Member
So far all normal. Hermann's eggs can develop at different intervals. Don't mess with them too much. Leave them be and check in another 10-14 days. You should definitely see attests a bullseye or web-like veins at that point.

Thank you so much Chris, I could hug you for giving me a few more days hope.
Having recently recovered from cancer myself, Maude's eggs have given me a new lease of life....even if they are not fertile this year, there is always next year!
May I send another photo to you in 2 weeks Chris?