Eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
I know it's been sometime since I've been on the forum, life seems to get in the way sometimes! But on a brighter note, I rescued a male and female from a local pet store. They are adults ( Tyler and Marla are their names) and have some pretty bad pyramiding, but they have been doing great since I rescued them.
I noticed my female was digging and just went to check on her, low and behold, three eggs! Unfortunately it looks as though she did a little to much covering up and one was split in half :( but there are still two good ones.
I'm just curious what the incubation period is? Up until today, I've only incubated Russian tortoise eggs. I can't wait to see what the little guys look like when they hatch!!!!!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Congrats. Your looking around 110-200 days. Usually they hatch around 130-150 in the upper 80s. Can be shorter the higher you go. I keep my red eggs around 84-86 and see them pip around 140ish.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
tortoise5643 said:
Well what type?!

Haha! I was so excited I forgot that part! They are red foots.

tortadise said:
Congrats. Your looking around 110-200 days. Usually they hatch around 130-150 in the upper 80s. Can be shorter the higher you go. I keep my red eggs around 84-86 and see them pip around 140ish.

Thanks! I keep the Russian tortoise eggs around 88-87 and didn't have any trouble. I don't want it to be too hot, I think I will try to keep it around 85. Patience is a virtue when waiting for eggs to hatch.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
I have my first ever redfoot eggs in the incubator. I keep them at 88ish and its been 120 days... Best luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.