Ekk! Help with pest control!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have a bad roach problem outside and in my tortoise sheds. Thankfully these are the kind of roaches that don't come into the house looking for food, so I haven't seen them in the house - YET. I place sticky traps all over inside the tortoise sheds and houses. I tack them to the walls. I also elevate the pig blankets slightly by putting a piece of wood under them, and place the sticky traps under the pig blankets. I have to change out the traps frequently. I have tried roach bait, placing it in cracks and crevices where the tortoises can't get to it, but it really doesn't seem to make a dent in the roach population.

You have Blatta lateralis. One of the other pest species. This one is common to SoCal. They make great food for insectivores and they can't climb glass walls. :) I'll bet your boxie babies would LOVE them. But not with residual pesticides...

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Solution:
1) if its an open top enclosure: put NA wood turtle/ any type of box turtle there
2)if its an closed chamber enclosure: put any medium sized geckos/skinks

ClarenceCisneros

USA
Hoping your problem would be solved till now. My friend is also facing the same problem, she also does not want to remove the bedding. When she asked people for their recomendations the adviced she got was to consult Exterminator Newtown CT. What measures you took please share with us so that my friend could some idea.