hopecanvas

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hi guys something is wrong with my russian tortoise. Today I looked at her tale and she had this lump and something white trying to come out! I thought it was an egg at first. After helping her take it out, we noticed it wasn’t an egg but poop. We’re worried because one of her back legs is swollen. She seems fine though? She was eating fine and didn’t have any symptoms till now with her swollen leg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys something is wrong with my russian tortoise. Today I looked at her tale and she had this lump and something white trying to come out! I thought it was an egg at first. After helping her take it out, we noticed it wasn’t an egg but poop. We’re worried because one of her back legs is swollen. She seems fine though? She was eating fine and didn’t have any symptoms till now with her swollen leg
Sounds like a big lump of urates. This comes from eating too much protein and/ot not getting enough hydration. How often do you soak? How are you housing the tortoise? Damp substrate? Humid Hide? What do you feed the tortoise?

Give this a read:

hopecanvas

Georgia
Hi guys something is wrong with my russian tortoise. I looked at her tale and she had this lump and something white trying to come out! I thought it was an egg at first. After helping her take it out, we noticed it wasn’t an egg but poop. We’re worried because one of her back legs is swollen. Now I was checking up on her and I noticed a red spot on one of her front legs! She seems fine though? She still wants to eat and moves around. She didn’t have any symptoms till now with her swollen legs. Is it retention that she’s having???

Attachments

• 4817AAA4-7A9B-45FC-9AA2-C0CACBE3C6FE.jpeg
    4817AAA4-7A9B-45FC-9AA2-C0CACBE3C6FE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • AC0EAFF0-4262-4F76-A913-F1CB9A33A752.jpeg
    AC0EAFF0-4262-4F76-A913-F1CB9A33A752.jpeg
    911.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 71591317-7949-4DFD-9BB5-D36E7BAF0015.jpeg
    71591317-7949-4DFD-9BB5-D36E7BAF0015.jpeg
    961.8 KB · Views: 8

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those are some pretty sorry-looking eyes, and water retention in the legs. There's a whole lot more going on with this tortoise than a hard lump of urates.

hopecanvas

Georgia
Pictures, provide pictures
I just did, not sure if I posted under your reply, I’m sorry not sure how this works
Those are some pretty sorry-looking eyes, and water retention in the legs. There's a whole lot more going on with this tortoise than a hard lump of urates.
Yeah it seems she’s doing retention. I made an appointment with the vet but I’m not sure if she’ll make it by then ?