Enclosed enclosure help

PA2019

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Perfect! Thank you very much. I really like the lighting and heating setup you designed. It is clean and well organized. I’m going to use it as a reference for mine.

Wright78

North Attleboro MA
Update:
Everything seems to be working well its holding heat and humidity very well. The plants are growing like weeds, the opotunia cactus has a 4 inch long growth. The pill bugs and springtails are multiplying like crazy too. Charlie has gained 20 grams in 2 weeks! Both weigh ins were after a good soak and poop.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Sounds you have the heating, ambient lighting, and UVB balanced perfectly. What is your timing schedule for the ambient lighting and the UVB. I just ordered my 4' Arcadia UVB, and am curious how much heat your 3' arcadia's are putting out relative to usage times.

Wright78

North Attleboro MA
I have a timer on the lighting/ basking and UVB set from 7 AM to 7PM. I have not noticed a significant amount of heat coming from the arcadia t-5's. I haven't really measured. I know the UVB is reading about a 3.5 on my solar meter at about a 22 inch height. I have added two 150 watt CHE to help keep the temp up, they are on a VE-300X2 thermostat. I have just purchased a small fan to try to move some of the heat around form the top of the enclosure. That's my next project.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OXZ0OU/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20