Erosas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I will look, but I think the only inside ones I have are the isolation chamber. I know somebody here is the USA that has breed them. PM me with your email addy and I will pass it along to him.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FLINTUS said:
thanks. oh yeah Jacqui that breeder you told hasn't got back to me :(

His email did not go through. :( I need to give him a call.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
So have got these guys today and have settled well-have eaten some strawberry and mushroom. They are a bit smaller than I thought but oh well-they are all 6.5 to 8 inches. Will post pics on a new thread soon.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
it's the male that is 8 inch. the females are 6.5 and 7-7.5 inches I would think

these guys are certainly cold hardy. took them outside when getting them out of the poly box at about 55 to graze and they were superactive

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
So male is definitely sexually active, mating calls and everything. They had a long soak which they enjoyed and so far haven't destroyed the ferns, umbrella plant or coffee plant. Only thing I have found is they don't like their weeds much, any way of getting them to eat them?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Try coating them with the sweet stuff puree or baby food.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah they usually wont eat, or devour all of one thing. I go through a lot of waste with the homes/erosas. A good way to know is to weigh the food when putting it in. Or count it. Like 5 full leaves of greens, 12 mushrooms, 4 teaspoons of cat/dog food, half mango, etc.. I usually see only nibbles from greens but none the less large nibbles. Never will the greens, grass, plant matter be completely eaten. It is eaten though. They also like moss from tree bark. I find old fallen limbs of hardwood trees, with moss, or even soft rotten. Through that in their and they have been caught eating the bark and moss. I tried one time to blend all the ingredients together. Greens, fruit, protein, mushrooms etc.. they still ate it, but not all of it. I call them the nibble extraordinaires.

Status
Not open for further replies.