Evacuating Napa.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Napa, Ca
hello, we have a 1 year old leopard tortoise. We have to evacuate for a week or so. Is there anyone in Northern California who can take him in for a little while? He has a portable setup with UV, CHE and basking spot. Takes up an area that is about 3 feet by 4 feet.

We can drop him off, any time after Friday. Please let me know if you can help. We’re going to stay with family in Florida and cannot bring him with us.

Also if you know of anywhere in Nor Cal we could possibly board him.

Thank you.

Northern California
I do know of a wonderful, wonderful vet that specializes in tortoises that you can board at. But it seems so wrong for you to have to pay to board him. If anything changes for me (it might), I would love to board him for you.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
Where are you located? I don't want to have to take him TOO far. he always stresses out badly on car rides... (he poops all over the place when he's riding along). SO we want to avoid as much as we can. we may have some new-to-tortoise husbandry temporary caretakers lined up, but are open to better/other options.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Good help is hard to come by these day, but there we are!!! Glad to see you are getting the needed help with boarding your tort!