Everyday Smells.

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Ok I brought up the lavender :) athough yeah its not my favorite.

Fresh cut grass (seems to be common)
Fresh rain on a blacktop
The grease we use at work
Gasoline
Diesel exhaust, and older car exhaust but neither when its the poof of black burning type)
The beach or anywhere close enough to the ocean to smell it
Balsam Fir/ Christmas tree scented things, but I think I've burned that smell out of my nose because everyone smells the air fresheners in my car except me :( )
The woods... so basically rotting leaves
and of course food, any food except ones with onion or garlic, theyre yummy but don't smell good

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just a word of caution, for those who enjoy gas, sharpies, and car exhaust. It could be brain damage, not simply liking the smell, just slowly losing brain cells, just a word of caution.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Just a word of caution, for those who enjoy gas, sharpies, and car exhaust. It could be brain damage, not simply liking the smell, just slowly losing brain cells, just a word of caution.
Darn sharpies was supposed to be on my list too!... and yeah I know nothing about it is healthy to like or smell. The sharpie thing is from in high school when I used to cover myself in sharpie doodles and words to cope with life, the smell ended up reminding me of the comfort that brought.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

That explains it! No actually the only time I smell it is when I am pouring it into the lawn mower and I spill some. :p

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
That explains it! No actually the only time I smell it is when I am pouring it into the lawn mower and I spill some. :p
Or when I was pumping gas and the auto stop apparently didn't work... I ended up standing in a gas puddle... and smelled it the rest of the day! ... I never really liked that stink though, just the other hazardous ones lol

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
When I was 5, I remember loving the smell of " Ethel Gasoline". That ages me.
I pulled a little lawn chair by the gas tank on the car. My father saw me do it and quickly intervened. I was just going to enjoy the fumes for a while. No wonder I had issues :)

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
most freshly baked goods especially cake,bread and cookies, hot chocolate, jasmine, freshly cut pine wood and coco coir when you first mix it with hot water. for some reason the smell of tar and gloss paint make me hungry even tho i don't care for the smell.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Rosemary! Be it on something cooking or just the plant. I just wish I could grow the darn thing. Just killed another plant in the emys enclosure. I loved visiting areas where they can grow them like bushes. For instance in AZ there is this Golden Corral with them as you walk in from the street (where you can park a semi). I would run my hands along them and then all day long I could smell my hands when I wanted a picker upper. :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yeah... sometimes sniffing stuff tends to cause 'things to happen'...

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Rosemary! Be it on something cooking or just the plant. I just wish I could grow the darn thing. Just killed another plant in the emys enclosure. I loved visiting areas where they can grow them like bushes. For instance in AZ there is this Golden Corral with them as you walk in from the street (where you can park a semi). I would run my hands along them and then all day long I could smell my hands when I wanted a picker upper. :)
Rosemary is amazing! I wish I had a plant :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
That sounds yummy.
images

:D