Everyday Smells.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
That's right, everyone, smells. o_O
So I was just thinking about this, because earlier somebody was talking about lavender (speak up! I forget who it was:( ) and to me, lavender is really weird.
Everyone has different smell preferences, and I just wanted to know what everyday smells you guys like the best :D
Perfume of almost any fragrance is intolerable for me, so chemically smelling!
(soaps, too, like laundry detergent)
I actually like the way dried turtle shrimp smells.
Almost all candle, expect for Target's 'Happiness' candle... I don't WHAT yuzu is, but it smells great! :D
New coco coir.
Smell of rain, which is actually acid chemicals.
Cut/chomped/ grass, which actually grass in pain :( http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140922145805.htm
New rubber, New paper, Crayons.
What smells do you guys like?

Last edited:

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
For some reason, I like the smell of gasoline and sharpies lol...I'm weird :(

New magazines smell nice too lol!
Sharpies are so nice! :D
Don't worry, smells are a strange thing!
Magazines feel very soft, I always what type of paper they use...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is this the sequel to everybody poops?
Actually I don't have a sense of smell. doctors think I might have been born without one, so this thread no longer applies to me. Goodbye, smell you later, (maybe)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Is this the sequel to everybody poops?
Actually I don't have a sense of smell. doctors think I might have been born without one, so this thread no longer applies to me. Goodbye, smell you later, (maybe)
Sure, but my voice is A LOT less soulful. :( I'm so sorry! Smell seems so important, I'm sorry :(
I really am.

(and HEY! Wait... what?)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I've only seen(been near) one motorcycle ever, so what would that smell like? I'm imaging old carish? :D

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've only seen(been near) one motorcycle ever, so what would that smell like? I'm imaging old carish? :D
Very sweet when burning castor bean oil. It's probably not for most people. You need to get a few rides under your belt!! Especially if you live outside of the city...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm a better mechanic than a gardener. Though I do garden, my plants don't seem to need my help. In fact, they usually die. My wife gets a lot of laughs at the situation. I once planted corn and sunflowers. They all croaked. In the same time period, a raccoon had stolen our bird feeder that also contained sunflower and corn. There was a trail of living..Thriving plants from behind my shed into the field behind the house. The raccoon was a better gardener than me. I'd enjoy the whole digging and planting thing if I didn't stink at it!:)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hehehe,maybe you could try and enlist the racoons help by feeding him cheese puffs or something!
(in all seriousness, racoons love cheesepuffso_O )
Have you ever used MiracleGrow? The powder. Mix into water, and dying plants perk right back up :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like the smell of coffee (but just the smell), oranges and lemons (either the real thing or in stuff like candles), fresh baking breads and cookies, the smell of a saddle (I know weird), many types of flowers but especially roses and lilacs, fresh mowed grass, rain and the smell after the rain, Barbeques, the smell of an onion (this comes from my Mother always having the smell on her hands from cooking with them, so to me it means safety, comfort, and love), the smell of gasoline (another odd one I know), buttery popcorn, and the breath of a puppy those are a few of my favorite things. :).

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
images

;)