Eye-less Trachemys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juhan78

5 Year Member
Hi everybody

In other post emysemys ask me for explain my experience with my eye-less Trachemys scripta scripta. Here I´m!!

I bought this animal in 2000. She was just a hatchling with the little "diamond" in the nose and I saw that there were no eyes!!!. It was Sunday so I have to be there the day after and I only paid 6€ (less than $8). :D (and they gave me food for the turtle for free..)

It´s true that I thought she wasn´t survive, but she did and now is a big animal (not the biggest I´ve got, but the second). When she was about one year old It was evident that she really has eyes, but too small, it was micro-ophtalmic (I´m not sure if it is correct in english)

Last year she laid alt least 8 small eggs. (I´m not sure because a male Malayan bos turtle ate some of them). I´ve recently obtained a young male of this species an perhaps next year eggs will be fertile.

Again, sorry for my english

Juan

Attachments

• Trachemys scripta scripta.jpg
    Trachemys scripta scripta.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Trachemys scripta scripta - Teri 46.jpg
    Trachemys scripta scripta - Teri 46.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 65

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Looks like he came out of the movie aliens lol nice yellow belly

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Juhan78 said:
Hi everybody

In other post emysemys ask me for explain my experience with my eye-less Trachemys scripta scripta. Here I´m!!

I bought this animal in 2000. She was just a hatchling with the little "diamond" in the nose and I saw that there were no eyes!!!. It was Sunday so I have to be there the day after and I only paid 6€ (less than $8). :D (and they gave me food for the turtle for free..)

It´s true that I thought she wasn´t survive, but she did and now is a big animal (not the biggest I´ve got, but the second). When she was about one year old It was evident that she really has eyes, but too small, it was micro-ophtalmic (I´m not sure if it is correct in english)

Last year she laid alt least 8 small eggs. (I´m not sure because a male Malayan bos turtle ate some of them). I´ve recently obtained a young male of this species an perhaps next year eggs will be fertile.

Again, sorry for my english

Juan

WoooooooW!

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
I just thought I would say something generally that particular disorder like microcephaly is generally genetic in origin so it is probably best not to breed her.

Mrs.Robinson

5 Year Member
That's amazing. It blows me away how adaptable some animals are. What a trooper!

Status
Not open for further replies.