Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtleloo

5 Year Member
I've had my eye on a Exo-Terra Small Turtle Cliff. Its a filter and a basking dock. I just wanna know if it'll keep the water in my 10 gallon tank clean? It's filled up only 3/4 and there's a baby RES

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
You know it will probably help out, but in all honesty RES are very messy turtles, and complete tank changes are the only thing that will work 100%

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I had a tetra fauna 55 gallon filter with whisper technology in a twenty gallon tank that I added extra carbon to the catritages that kept the water super clean. It needed to be changed about every three weeks and rinsed out every few days. Honestly a ten gallon tank is too small for even ONE red eared slider turtle because they can easily reach 12-15 inches if taken care of properly. So u should think about getting a new tank soon :)

turtleloo

5 Year Member
DanaLachney said:
I had a tetra fauna 55 gallon filter with whisper technology in a twenty gallon tank that I added extra carbon to the catritages that kept the water super clean. It needed to be changed about every three weeks and rinsed out every few days. Honestly a ten gallon tank is too small for even ONE red eared slider turtle because they can easily reach 12-15 inches if taken care of properly. So u should think about getting a new tank soon :)

I know buts it's only like 1 1/2 inch long I still got time

turtleloo

5 Year Member
I found more info on it the filter it comes with is the Exo Terra F250 its 66 gallons per hour is it good enough for the tank

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
turtleloo said:
I found more info on it the filter it comes with is the Exo Terra F250 its 66 gallons per hour is it good enough for the tank

For a ten gallon tank? Yes, may be too powerful really but it will work for a while :) but u really should have went with a 20 gallon long tank to start out with they're only $39.00 at Petco or petsmart :)

turtleloo

5 Year Member
DanaLachney said:
turtleloo said:

For a ten gallon tank? Yes, may be too powerful really but it will work for a while :) but u really should have went with a 20 gallon long tank to start out with they're only $39.00 at Petco or petsmart :)

So is the filter useable or not?

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I suppose. Some like the combos some don't I personally don't because they can quickly outgrow the basking dock part and depending on it's size they take up alot of room. But that's just my opinion. :) but yes it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.