Finally Found an Old 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I bet there are a lot of people that have never seen an old Metaframe 55 gallon aquarium, I have been looking for a complete one for quite a whille, this one also has the old original stand with it.You might not get excited about something like this but I am, and still looking for old reptile keeping items that weren't made exclusively for reptiles, In The Old Days.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The glass in that one is surprisingly clear. I have several old 50 gallon glass/aluminum aquariums but all of them were used for fish and have pretty badly stained glass.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Len, I wish I'd known you wanted one of those...I gave 3 away back around Xmas that I had stuck out in our barn for a couple of years. Bought 'em several years ago at an estate sale, but hadn't used them since I quit keeping poison dart frogs.

Had I known you wanted one (or more), you could've had them for the shipping.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Terry Allan Hall said:
Len, I wish I'd known you wanted one of those...I gave 3 away back around Xmas that I had stuck out in our barn for a couple of years. Bought 'em several years ago at an estate sale, but hadn't used them since I quit keeping poison dart frogs.

Had I known you wanted one (or more), you could've had them for the shipping.
Thanks,Terry, I even bring home broken ones to repair others that are missing glass or just coming apart. I like using the old glass and you can't get the black tar that was used back then, because it has asbestos in it, even though it is considered a nonfriable form of asbestos. It can be heated to soften it and used again, and the old glass doesn't scratch easy like new glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.