Finally weighed Crush today...

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
With the grandkids over visiting for the weekend I took advantage of my step-son and asked him to help me lift Crush onto the scales. For the past few years I've just estimated when people wanted to know how big he is now, so I wanted an official weigh-in.

I hatched crush in 1998 so he is 20 years old this month.

He now weighs 171.4 lbs. and is still growing rapidly.

My granddaughter says Crush is her favorite of my tortoises. She like to ride him while he goes around the yard eating Mazuri or grape leaves, or roses she drops in front of him. He continues to eat contentedly all she puts down in front of him and doesn't even notice a 40 lb girl on his back.

IMG_0357.JPG

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
With the grandkids over visiting for the weekend I took advantage of my step-son and asked him to help me lift Crush onto the scales. For the past few years I've just estimated when people wanted to know how big he is now, so I wanted an official weigh-in.

I hatched crush in 1998 so he is 20 years old this month.

He now weighs 171.4 lbs. and is still growing rapidly.

My granddaughter says Crush is her favorite of my tortoises. She like to ride him while he goes around the yard eating Mazuri or grape leaves, or roses she drops in front of him. He continues to eat contentedly all she puts down in front of him and doesn't even notice a 40 lb girl on his back.

View attachment 245232

That’s pretty special!

daniellenc

Maryland
He's gorgeous and obviously takes no issue as the tortoise taxi lol

Bee62

Germany
Beautiful picture. Crush and your granddaughter are both beauties. I love that picture. Thank you for sharing it with us.

daniellenc

Maryland
What kind of scale does an adult sulcata require? I'm trying to picture this in my head lol

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
What kind of scale does an adult sulcata require? I'm trying to picture this in my head lol
I use a better quality postal scale that has a 400 lb capacity and accuracy to 1/10th lb. It has a larger 2 foot square plate upon which you place what you want to weigh. It is a floor scale that I put a 5 gal bucket on, adjust the tare, then lift the tortoise onto the bucket. The aptly named Crush did indeed crush the first 5 gal bucket we tried to set him on, so it took a couple attempts!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I almost named my RF Crush when I got him after the Turtle in "Finding Nemo"