Fish Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
Hey everyone, my brother asked me to ask around and see if anyone knew anything about fish farming. He was really looking for any information on it but mainly how to start and who to contact. So if any of you have information that would be awsome. Thanks in advance!

Tyler

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
mmmmm talapia, my favorite

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
http://www.fishfarming.com/tilapia.html

http://tilapiafarmingathome.com/default.aspx[hr]
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/tilapia/farming.php[hr]
Over 95 percent of the global tilapia supply is imported to the United States where tilapia is an appreciated food fish. The United States has its own domestic production as well, but it is much too small to satisfy consumer demands. The import of tilapia to Europe is believed to increase significantly in the near future as more and more consumers are looking for suitable to alternatives to white fish fillets due to environmental concerns.

who knew!! a quick google search and there is so much and it appears that there is Money in it!! i just wonder how much it would take to start up and if its for human consumption here in the states and raised IN the states.. Regualtions may kill you$$$

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
hey, maybe he'll become the large scale US tilapia producer...it would probably be lots of hard work and dedicating time and $$ until finding a groove and system, but a good local restaurant always appreciates locally grown ingredients.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Helps that he lives in a small town as well. Hope it all works out for him. Thanks for all the info Laura!

Tyler

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Damn! These spammers are just a font of information! We have a "spam" button that we can click, however that removes the post completely. Sometimes there's interesting info in these spammer's posts! And sometimes they're pretty good for a real laugh!

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Yvonne, what does that mean? That last poster was a spammer? What is the point what are they gaining?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
reading that spammer's posts reminds me of the ''Bing" commercials where they mock search engines. It's like they were basing their posts off of just the thread titles.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jeffbens0n said:
Yvonne, what does that mean? That last poster was a spammer? What is the point what are they gaining?

They include a hyper-link in their signature (removed by us mods) and hope that you all will click on that link. That moves them up closer to the top when searches for their product occur. In this case, it was a link for the d e l i v e r y of f l o w e r s for f r e e.

Status
Not open for further replies.