Flavos biting others legs

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
I have a group of three young flavos that are about 10 months old. I also have a younger one that's about 5 months old that is alone. I don't dare add him to the larger ones yet. I feed them reptimin separately in bowls of warm water to make sure they each get enough. They eat very well this way. I tried I feeding them worms this way but the calcium or vitamins I dusted them in washes off. I tried containers with no water but they didn't feed as well. What they really like is when I add a bunch of worms directly into their enclosure. This leads to a feeding frenzy and they attack anything that moves and sometimes even bite each others legs and DON'T Let go!!! They also go after tails. Anything that moves is attacked. Is this something that changes as they grow and the size difference between worms and limbs/tails is more apparent?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I have quite a few western bells from 1-3 years old that do the same thing with worms. Feeding them worms requires separating and then a soak then back in the enclosure. They can get quite territorial, aggressive, and ram, bite, flip others if fed worms in the same enclosure.