For My Green Thumb Friends .....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Awesome! That one is so stunning with all the various colors and shadings.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Another Exotic ....Black garnet ....Harder than heck to root or graph!.....

"Pin-Wheel" Rainbow .....a very bizarre flower shape ....

This one from Thailand ......and neat-o bloom stalk of multi-colors

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
With roses, so many of the really pretty ones visually (in my opinion atleast they are pretty) fail to have a good fragrance, while the more plain Jane ones seem to have the awesome smells as a rule. Are these the same way?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
With roses, so many of the really pretty ones visually (in my opinion atleast they are pretty) fail to have a good fragrance, while the more plain Jane ones seem to have the awesome smells as a rule. Are these the same way?
J' ....you are somewhat correct....although with Plumies the scents vary much more than Roses. There are floral type scents , along with spicy type and of course the fruity versions. I will tell you that some of the more "brilliant" colored ones are much harder to root. I have one plumie I have grown from seed ...10 years later it only stands about 2 feet tall ......and one of the rarest one out there ..
Princess Victoria

Tyanna

Wisconsin
J' ....you are somewhat correct....although with Plumies the scents vary much more than Roses. There are floral type scents , along with spicy type and of course the fruity versions. I will tell you that some of the more "brilliant" colored ones are much harder to root. I have one plumie I have grown from seed ...10 years later it only stands about 2 feet tall ......and one of the rarest one out there ..
Princess Victoria

Beautiful name, beautiful flower! Where are you from that you get all these beautiful flowers going! I can't wait for Summer to start growing more again..

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
In So. Cal.......and have been collecting , plumies for many years from around the globe. Contrary to belief that they are from Hawaii ....which they are not . They grow there yes ....but not a native species.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
So very jealous! I'm in WI...not going to happen here LOL.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
As usual everything you post is so beautiful. I found this plant, which was much smaller, at a yard sale for $.50. It grew like crazy last Summer and this Summer when I put if out it bloomed. I had no idea. I would love to know what it is....any idea.002.JPG

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Yes! 50 cents. I bought it because it was so different. I made some cuttings for my sister and her's finally bloomed this Summer too, only her's came in red. Isn't that crazy? I also gave some cuttings to the priest in my church and his hasn't bloomed yet. Thank you Jeff. I am going to send those site's along to my sister. That is wonderful. Imagine having a plant named after you.