fostering and or adopting...humans this time :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
We got a call late last week and confirmed today that we have been matched to start the adoption process with a six year old girl 2 hours away :) we are very excited to meet her!
This is amazing! Congratulations! This is so awesome for you guys!
You are wonderful people. I'm so glad you can help her out.
Let us know how it goes!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
@lismar79 How exciting!! What do you know about her? You guys must be over the moon!!
We know her name is Jill and she is a healthy girl in kindergarten. Her current foster parents are an older couple & they said she is a sweet heart but very stubborn. Shes also a bit of a tom boy & an animal nut! Hopefully get to meet her this weekend or next. She just had a failed match due to the adoptive parents bio son not adjusting well to the situation. We were next to be called & of course are eager to share our lives with her :)

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
How exciting for you guys and for Jill. I hope you can meet this weekend. Kindergarten is such a great age. My prayers are with your family. Such an adjustment for everyone.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Hi @lismar79 , I just got caught up on your story here and I think what you're doing is wonderful!! I am so happy for you!

I hope one day to be able to adopt a child/children. We don't know if my fiance can have kids because of cancer 5 years ago. He had the option of freezing his little swimmers, but we agreed not to. If we can't conceive naturally, I'd rather take in a child in need of a loving home than go through fertility. And even if we can have kids off our own, I still hope to adopt because I've got plenty of love to share!

I hope everything continues to go well with your new daughter!!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hi @lismar79 , I just got caught up on your story here and I think what you're doing is wonderful!! I am so happy for you!

I hope one day to be able to adopt a child/children. We don't know if my fiance can have kids because of cancer 5 years ago. He had the option of freezing his little swimmers, but we agreed not to. If we can't conceive naturally, I'd rather take in a child in need of a loving home than go through fertility. And even if we can have kids off our own, I still hope to adopt because I've got plenty of love to share!

I hope everything continues to go well with your new daughter!!
Thanks for that! We were kind of in the same boat only its me not him. There are so many kids out their that need a good home!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Interesting week for us. The birth mother of our 7 month old foster daughter and I have become a strange kind of friends. I have met her a few time during visits and have made her a photo book of all lil girls stages. We got permision to exchange phone numbers and we have been texting photos of lil miss. Two days ago she called me out of the blue and asked me to adopt baby girl. She already talked to children service and our case worker said this has never happened in our county! She said she wants what's best for her and she knows we are it. Said she knows she's going to need years to get her life straight and doesn't want baby girl to suffer for her mistakes. we still have to go through all the court stuff and dad would have to loose his rights first but its the first hopeful news for us to keep her. Pray, pray, pray :)

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
Wow!!! That really is such a special rarity. I have been doing newborn foster care for many years and know how rare that is. What a brave birth mother! I will keep her, your family and especially your new possible daughter in my daily prayers! Your family is growing quickly! Thank you for sharing this with us. Be patient! Enjoy each day!!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
How EXCITING for you both!! I am late to the party but we are bio parents to five children ages 7, 11, 18, 20 and 28. We are also foster parents to twin 9 month old baby boys. We have had the boys since they were 3 months old. One twin weighed only 6lbs while his brother was 13lbs. Both were born the same weight, lots of abuse, neglect and drugs in their systems. It has been a long road. We are foster only. I came from a dicey background and was a CASA volunteer for years, I always knew as a child I wanted to be a foster parent. We wanted to wait till our youngest was in school and have been licensed a year and a half. We "specialize" in sibling groups - I cannot imagine these kids going through such a tragic time and getting separated. In the year and a half we have been licensed we have had 8 children become a part of our family, ages 3 months to 12 years old. The shortest time was 9 days and the longest 10 months. It is HARD work. These are my kids and I am very vocal when CPS, AFS, CASA, the judge, parent - whomever is not doing their job. If you ever need an ear please feel free to message me. Dealing with the system can cause you to loose faith at times and I know what it is like. Our twins are now caught up on weight and doing wonderfully.

YOU. ROCK!

buddies.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Interesting week for us. The birth mother of our 7 month old foster daughter and I have become a strange kind of friends. I have met her a few time during visits and have made her a photo book of all lil girls stages. We got permision to exchange phone numbers and we have been texting photos of lil miss. Two days ago she called me out of the blue and asked me to adopt baby girl. She already talked to children service and our case worker said this has never happened in our county! She said she wants what's best for her and she knows we are it. Said she knows she's going to need years to get her life straight and doesn't want baby girl to suffer for her mistakes. we still have to go through all the court stuff and dad would have to loose his rights first but its the first hopeful news for us to keep her. Pray, pray, pray :)
This is FABULOUS!!!:):):):):)

YOU are FABULOUS!!!! :):):):):)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Things did not go as planned with jill, foster mom that has her did not think we were a good match and she is right. She was very jealous with the baby and had some aggresion issues they did not disclouse to me. We can not take any chances for the babys safety so we walked away..... :(

We do go to court tomorrow for the termination of bio parents rights, fingers crossed, if all goes well we will have our baby girl adopted by the end of the summer!
The bio parents volunteered surrendered so as long as there is no mind changing we should be good.