Found pitbul, needs home ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
My name is Blake. A young stray pitbul showed up at my girlfriends house a few days ago. Unfortunately, the pound picked it up. It was a very sweet loving dog. They checked for a microchip but it did not have one. It was always wearing a collar. My girlfriend wanted to keep the dog but she lives with her parents and they will not let her keep him. I've called every shelter in the area (central valley) but all are full. My girlfriend and I went to the pound to see how much longer he has until he is put down; he has until Monday. He has mange on his head, and the pound is uneasy about adopting him out because he is considered an adult (when its obvious he is still puppy-like). They also said that his mange will take 6-12 months to cure and a lot of vet bills. I went to say goodbye to him. The dog laid his head on my lap as I was scratching his belly. It seems so sad that this dog will have a short life. I hope you are willing to take him in. He would make a family very happy. I would be willing to pay the fines and take him to your location. I just want him to have a long happy life. Thanks for your time.
Here's one picture of him. and another of him in the pound.
634EA8D8-216C-4B64-8CE3-C6A8CBF737FD-3475-0000022C529FF9B3.jpg

E3FC374C-DBC9-40CE-8AF2-3F15287986DE-3475-0000022C593912F7.jpg

staceh

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
My name is Blake. A young stray pitbul showed up at my girlfriends house a few days ago. Unfortunately, the pound picked it up. It was a very sweet loving dog. They checked for a microchip but it did not have one. It was always wearing a collar. My girlfriend wanted to keep the dog but she lives with her parents and they will not let her keep him. I've called every shelter in the area (central valley) but all are full. My girlfriend and I went to the pound to see how much longer he has until he is put down; he has until Monday. He has mange on his head, and the pound is uneasy about adopting him out because he is considered an adult (when its obvious he is still puppy-like). They also said that his mange will take 6-12 months to cure and a lot of vet bills. I went to say goodbye to him. The dog laid his head on my lap as I was scratching his belly. It seems so sad that this dog will have a short life. I hope you are willing to take him in. He would make a family very happy. I would be willing to pay the fines and take him to your location. I just want him to have a long happy life. Thanks for your time.
Here's one picture of him. and another of him in the pound.

Where abouts are you?

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
There are several pit bull rescues...perhaps you can contact one of them and they will be able to help?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
As mentioned above, I've contacted many many shelters, approximately 15. I live in escalon California. A tiny town in between Stockton and Modesto ca.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I'm sorry for misunderstanding. The 15 was of both.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
unfortuntely, there are so many of this breed everywhere.. so few can be saved or rescued if not adopted.. Blame the irresponsbile owners and breeders who wont 'neuter' them and allow them to run free. This breed is also Very prone to Mange. Its not contagious, but it can take a long time and $ to treat. Probably why he was running free.. God Forbid the owner take responsibilty and have to pay a vet bill.. You did the right thing by getting him off the street. If he cant be rescued or adopted.. at least he wont die an awful death of starvation, or hit by car..
It very sad.. and this is everywhere. People who care and try to help, get hurt..

nd be sure to post that pic and location found on Craigslist.. Just incase an owner is looking... you never know...

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
After a lot of searching and saving, we found a rescue that will help him. I took him to the vet yesterday and he got very thing he needed. Today, I got home and my parents told me I could keep him for myself. Meet chance :)

FD1679F8-FD70-4BBF-BFE7-A97B7871AD98-6681-000003D0A15209D7.jpg

717BFF96-BEE2-488C-9271-3BA6FB893A9A-6681-000003D0A7613284.jpg

Laura, you are correct. They are treated poorly. He does in fact have mange pretty badly. But, he does now have medication and is on the road to recovery in a great home.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
YAY!!! I love happy endings!!! Congratulations to everyone involved!!!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
thank you to all who helped this dog. i live near the highway and its a dumping ground for pitbulls. ct. shelters are full of them. atleast this guy has a chance now. great job!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great job. You have a lovely dog there. It may be because of the mange, but he looks like he could be pit and Shar-pei mix. Ya for you and Ya for Chance.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I didn't even realize I had comments! Thank you guys. He's already become so special to me. Absolutely worth all the work.

The only bummer thing is that we have another wiener/beagle dog that is also a rescue, but he came from a roughish background and I could never leave them alone, let alone my Chance go in the backyard. Thankfully, when I go to work I can bring him to my grandmas were he runs around all day. Still is not fun though. It works out though because I walk him a few times a day. He's such a well mannered dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.