Found pitbul, needs home ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
I live in ontario canada and man I hate the pit bull ban we have it is stupid. I'm a huge advocate that it is the owner and not the breed, the way a dog is raised not the DNA it has. I had a dalmation pit bull with my son when he was only a year and they got along great. The dog was stolen from me and sold and it is next to impossible and very illegal for me to own an other pit bull. It is their high pain tolerance that I find them to be great with kids my son used to teeth on our dogs eat and the dog had no care in the world and the dog never did anything to even suggest it would harm my son.

I'm glade you found it a home and very jealous that is is your own good luck and injoy XD

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
It's things like this that make me so happy that the shelter back home is well managed and no kill. We even get dogs and cats from other places because we run out of animals to adopt out. There's free spay/neuter fairs for cats, and Pit bulls are always free to spay/neuter.
I'm glad that you get to keep this guy :) he looks so happy.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
E5A24133-455D-41B5-A0BC-2F20A1B738F5-2969-00000195EFFE057E.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So cute. How's the mange coming along?

Rover15 said:
I live in ontario canada and man I hate the pit bull ban we have it is stupid. I'm a huge advocate that it is the owner and not the breed, the way a dog is raised not the DNA it has. I had a dalmation pit bull with my son when he was only a year and they got along great. The dog was stolen from me and sold and it is next to impossible and very illegal for me to own an other pit bull. It is their high pain tolerance that I find them to be great with kids my son used to teeth on our dogs eat and the dog had no care in the world and the dog never did anything to even suggest it would harm my son.

I'm glade you found it a home and very jealous that is is your own good luck and injoy XD

Your right in the fact it isn't the dog/breed. However, you really should never let a child do things like you mentioned to a dog, any dog ir any animal for that matter. They are not a play toy for teething or pulling ears and tails. If the dog were to bite, which my personal opinion, he would have every right to, guess who usually pays,
with their life? The animal, even though its the owner/child's fault. That's one of the reasons many pits get the bad rap.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
The mange is doing MUCH better even within a week. His bacteria infection is still a problem, but it will be better soon. The whole top part of his head was scabbed and would bleed easily but all but one tiny piece has fallen off. The whole top part of
His head was bald yesterday, but there is about a quarter of an inch of hair growth today! He's such a happy boy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Blake m said:
The mange is doing MUCH better even within a week. His bacteria infection is still a problem, but it will be better soon. The whole top part of his head was scabbed and would bleed easily but all but one tiny piece has fallen off. The whole top part of
His head was bald yesterday, but there is about a quarter of an inch of hair growth today! He's such a happy boy!

So glad you were able to save and keep him. Thrilled also, he has found a happy loving home. :)

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
wellington said:
So cute. How's the mange coming along?

Rover15 said:

Your right in the fact it isn't the dog/breed. However, you really should never let a child do things like you mentioned to a dog, any dog ir any animal for that matter. They are not a play toy for teething or pulling ears and tails. If the dog were to bite, which my personal opinion, he would have every right to, guess who usually pays,
with their life? The animal, even though its the owner/child's fault. That's one of the reasons many pits get the bad rap.

I understand your opinion and everyone is intitled to their own my son was only 6months old with no teeth and our dog would come to my son and put her head on his lap well he was in his chair she seemed as if she liked it. My kids are not aloud to pull/grab bite or hurt animals in any way if the dog had not gone to him continuosly then it wouldn't have been permited this was just an example of how pit bulls are great with kids. My son and our dog had a great connection.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
What a great thing you have done, I hope that he will be your best friend
and would like to think that you are his best friend already.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
oscar said:
What a great thing you have done, I hope that he will be your best friend
and would like to think that you are his best friend already.

He goes with me on a trip somewhere just about everyday! I have brought him into my girlfriends dads Feedstore, he goes to my grandmas when I work, my girlfriend house to play with their dog, her room, many places! He's so easy going. It's great.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
0A63C77A-0ACB-436A-BF80-5DE4F8E5141D-4433-000002AEC2CA39AE.jpg

Here's Chance with his infections one week ago. And the one on bottom is today :) he's looking great.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I just finished reading this whole thread. I'm so happy for this dog now. You did a wonderful thing, and I hope you spend many happy years together. How lucky he was to find you.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
tortadise said:
He is awesome. Glad he was saved. Is the mange demodectic or sarcoptic?

Démodéctic, thankfully. He also has fleas, bacteria infection on his skin, and flaky skin. But I still love him. He's currently standing on my calf with his front paws for some reason. He's very silly and pretty well mannered.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Poor guy. Those dips are rough. I use to treat the mange dogs at the vet. 6 or 7 treatments and will be all good. He obviously is appreciative of your gracious second chance to his life.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
He's doing extremely well for one week thiugh! How long is 6 or 7 treatments. The vet said 8-12 months possibly.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well when i did them. We used mitaban and it was a bath of treatment every other week, then another skin scrape at 6th treatment and usually a 7th for good measure.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Oh okay. He has a bath treatment 2 times a week with sebolux, I use a syringe to squirt ivermectin one time a day. It seems to be working. I will be taking him to the vet again on February 4, so I'll have my fingers crossed! Thanks for the input, Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.