Free Blind sulcata to expierienced person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Joseph I just sent you a text and I've sent you a pm also. Candy :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy now has the tortoise. Hopefully she can get him back to health for Joseph soon.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks to Yvonne for all of her help Joseph's little Sulcata took a few bites of food today. I did see a few bubbles come from his now though so he's not out of the woods yet, but it's a good sign. His eyes look a lot better after putting medicine on for the past 3 days. He also has found his hide. :D Today my husband went out and built something that holds the lights in place over his enclosure instead of clipping them on and I feel a lot better about it. That one is also thanks to Yvonne since she was kind enough to post how to do it on her a couple of months ago in this thread.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-59992.html

I've soaked him in homemade carrots for the past three days and had a humidifier on him too. His temps have been kept at 85 and I think that I do see him improving. I will keep you updated but in the meantime here's some pictures of what my husband built.

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Awesome! We love to see people helping others out.
Keep us posted, and pics of the tort?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yay!! I have had this little one on my mind. So glad you are able to help him!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Hi Joseph. Here's a couple of pictures of him. Ones under a grape leaf that I gave to him to eat. :D One is of him sleeping today which I thought was so cute. I took him outside today since it was 70 and in the sun even hotter. We stayed for about 10 minutes and I let him walk around on the concrete and he seems to like it a lot. It did wear him out though. :D His right eye is still having a little difficulty staying open at times so I'm still putting the medicine on it. I'm still giving him carrot soaks in the morning everyday and his temps are at 85 to 90 degrees and he seems to be loving it. I have his enclosure covered so he doesn't catch any drafts when we open our bedroom door. :) I still have the humidifier on him at least 20 hours a day and I'm spraying the enclosure periodically. He is getting better, I can see it in him. :)

DSCN0787.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks for the update. Sounds like he enjoyed his time outside.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
So if I understand this candy is gettin him better and then Joseph will take him back?

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
wow, this is just more proof how awesome of a community this forum is. bravo! i hope the little guy continues to recuperate.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes that's the plan. I asked Joseph if he wanted him back when I picked him up because I don't need another tortoise. :D He told me that he did. Fostering is o.k. so far. He's a real cutie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.