Gnats in encloser?

Hai

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson az
Anyone have had any problem with gnats flying around in your enclosure? I think they are gnats I have flying around, all I can tell is it looks like a mico fly lol. I throw out his food every day. Only way I can think of getting rid of them is to totally clean out the everything. Any thoughts on how to get rid of them or what causing them

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's very common. They're not gnats, they're detrivores that thrive in warm and humid environment and feed on decomposing plant matter.

They are completely harmless. If you're worried about them then go outdoors and turn over a few rocks and fallen branches to find some roly polies that you can put in the enclosure to help out :)

Hai

Tucson az
It's very common. They're not gnats, they're detrivores that thrive in warm and humid environment and feed on decomposing plant matter.

They are completely harmless. If you're worried about them then go outdoors and turn over a few rocks and fallen branches to find some roly polies that you can put in the enclosure to help out :)

Dont think I've ever seen any of those here in az

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I’m so proud that you said “Roly Polie” Linda!!! That’s so American of you.. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Dont think I've ever seen any of those here in az
I haven't seen any pillbugs or roly-polys in my part of Florida in many years (decades), although I have heard of others seeing just a few, here and there. If your soil is very sandy, you probably won't have them in your yard.

Hai

Tucson az
I haven't seen any pillbugs or roly-polys in my part of Florida in many years (decades), although I have heard of others seeing just a few, here and there. If your soil is very sandy, you probably won't have them in your yard.

I'm in Tucson all I see is sand lol. Maybe I'll go explore some washes and try and find them. I havent seen them since I was a kid