Greek Tortoise-Pink spot plastron

asanders90

Location (City and/or State)
Berkeley, CA
Animal: 3 year old greek tortoise "Morty"
Enclosure: 4' x 2' enclosed tortoise table, indoor. I want to get him outside soon, just have fear about him being small and predators.
Substrate: Homemade mix of top soil, sand, coco coir, cypress mulch
Heat/Lighting: Basking spot 95-100f 80-85f ambient / 36" zoomed reptisun 10.0 t5-ho. Truth be told, its about time I replace with a new one. 6500k Led grow light for plants
Diet: Dandelion greens, mustard greens, collard green, turnip greens, romaine lettuce, hibiscus leaves, cactus pads, seedling tray of weeds. He has live plants that he nibbles on, placed in last year. Did heavy research to make sure they were tortoise safe. Replaced as needed
Water: Soaked 3 times weekly, water in enclosure (clay saucer on the bottom right of enclosure with easy access for him for less chance of injury, hidden behind his privacy panel in photo)

I noticed yesterday after the lights went out, my tortoise did not go back to his hide spot like he normally does. He just stayed out near his food plate. Upon further inspection, I found a pink spot on his plastron near his leg which was not there 1 week prior. He's still alert with clear eyes. I would say his energy levels are lower and abnormal.

Vet is on the mind, recently found out my normal herp vet in Berkeley, CA retired so I'm looking for a new one.

Sorry for the blurry picture, I tried to be fast not to stress him out. Picture of his enclosure added.

MortyLegwound.jpg

MortyEnclosure.jpg