Greetings from Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewback

5 Year Member
Hi, I just recently moved to Austin, Texas from South Florida. I have been keeping reptiles for about 20+ years and I'm getting back into keeping tortoises after a bit of a hiatus. Leopards are my favorite. I had a couple questions and ideas so I wanted to join the forum. Looking forward to discussing some things with everyone. Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Dewback!

TuRtLE1924

5 Year Member
Texas
Welcome from Plano, Texas. You are going to love Austin, it is so much fun. I can't wait to go back for my next visit :)

Dewback

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm happy to be back in an environment that is more friendly for leopards (Florida was just so wet). I'm especially interested in reading what you all think about enclosure ideas and diet. For all the Texans on the board (and there appear to be a few of you) are their any businesses around here that you might recommend? I have already found a few in Austin that have been helpful.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Businesses as far as what? Supplies? Tortoises? I own a Leopard and there are several other Texas members that I know of that do as well. I haven't had mine long enough to have him/her outside but this spring I plan on having a suitable spot for her outside.

Dewback

5 Year Member
jtrux said:
Businesses as far as what? Supplies? Tortoises? I own a Leopard and there are several other Texas members that I know of that do as well. I haven't had mine long enough to have him/her outside but this spring I plan on having a suitable spot for her outside.

I am mostly interested in supplies at this point. Although it may be helpful to learn of any local dealers or breeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.