Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A lot of the American members of this forum seem to be gun owners. I understand that in most other countries, this "culture" seems odd.
This is a show us your guns thread. Let's keep it without politics or discussions of WHY we should or should not own them.
I'll begin with this one of many:
My Beretta Pico .380 carry gun. For me it's the perfect balance of protection and size. It drops right into my front pants pocket.
I'm almost never without it and I'm licensed to carry it.

Attachments

• 20200427_161857.jpg
    20200427_161857.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 21

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here is my opinion on the matter:

After you are done reading, please ask me a question or start a discussion and give me a reason, any reason at all to talk guns with you!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I

After you are done reading, please ask me a question or start a discussion and give me a reason, any reason at all to talk guns with you!!!
I own a Glock 19.
It's not suitable for my need. Concealed carry. And due to my body shape, only pocket carry makes any sense.
It's also not ideal for home defense. For that I prefer something with more attitude.
This 12 gauge slug firing automatic AR12 for example. Although there would be a lot of cleaning up. And chunks of house missing.
Of course if I had children. The plan would be very different

Attachments

• 20181107_184923.jpg
    20181107_184923.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep it just to what the OP asked, your guns, not your opinion about ownership. Any politics will get deleted and against forum rules.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I Own a Glock 19.
It's not suitable for my need. Concealed carry.
The 19 is the most carried gun in America. How is it not suitable? I carry the 26 in hot weather. Shorts and a t shirt. I really like the 43 too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The 19 is the most carried gun in America. How is it not suitable? I carry the 26 in hot weather. Shorts and a t shirt. I really like the 43 too.
My body shape keeps me from being able to use certain holsters and "in the pants" type holders.
Pocket carry is my best option. In case I ever actually need to pull out a gun in self defense.
This Beretta is both very small being a single stacker. But it can also handle plus P ammo and is very smooth and snagproof in design.
I also carry my Sig .40 in a shoulder holster whenever it's cool enough to wear a vest or light jacket. And you know how often that is.
I also own a Taurus snub nosed .38 and a few other handguns I never even look at.
I've attempted to carry most of them.
I sold an old Walther .380 and bought this over a year ago.
It's very concealable. And not so large that it imprints through my pocket or will get snagged in one

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Keep it just to what the OP asked, your guns, not your opinion about ownership. Any politics will get deleted and against forum rules.
The post that he quoted was from his own past gun post:
Praising GLOCKS.
Glock is a very good manufacturer.
It wasn't political. I like it to a Harley vs "the rest" type of thing.
However, I may take down the post since it seems to not be gathering any positive attention

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My body shape keeps me from being able to use certain holsters and "in the pants" type holders.
Pocket carry is my best option. In case I ever actually need to pull out a gun in self defense.
This Beretta is both very small being a single stacker. But it can also handle plus P ammo and is very smooth and snagproof in design.
I also carry my Sig .40 in a shoulder holster whenever it's cool enough to wear a vest or light jacket. And you know how often that is.
I also own a Taurus snub nosed .38 and a few other handguns I never even look at.
I've attempted to carry most of them.
I sold an old Walther .380 and bought this over a year ago.
It's very concealment. And not so large that it imprints through my pocket or will get snagged in one
Heard and understood. I know several others who prefer pocket carry for a variety of reasons.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The post that he quoted was from his own past gun post:
Praising GLOCKS.
Glock is a very good manufacturer.
It wasn't political. I like it to a Harley vs "the rest" type of thing.
However, I may take down the post since it seems to not be gathering any positive attention
I wasn't really trying to point fingers. Just wanted to remind any posters that they will be deleted if they go to far into opinions that. Don't want anyone banned.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I guess I am just wondering why a forum on tortoises has to veer into gun ownership. Isn’t there other forums for this discussion? Private emails? It makes me rethink the value of this forum. I came here for tortoise husbandry and care.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I guess I am just wondering why a forum on tortoises has to veer into gun ownership. Isn’t there other forums for this discussion? Private emails? It makes me rethink the value of this forum. I came here for tortoise husbandry and care.
This section of the forum is for things like this. That's why its titled Off Topic Chit Chat!
All you have to do is not click on it.
Many active members have been here for years. Friendships made and they like to share and get thoughts and advice on other parts of their life from the friendships and trust that has been built here.
Just move past any thread that doesn't suit you.
Threads like this takes nothing away from the high quality given on this forum for tortoises and turtles.
Most forums have this same kind of sub forum available.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
"Off topic chit chat."

Might you have other interests, outside of tortoises, that you'd like to converse about with some of the people here? Sort of like the "Cold Dark Room" or "Chat Thread 2.22", or "The Nut House", or my recent EV thread? None of these have anything to do with tortoises. Just subjects of interest among friends.

If you don't want to speak publicly, I'd be happy to chat with you on a private conversation thread.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

But what happens if you are out fishing and want to drip anchor, but alas you forgot your anchor! Well no fear if a Sig owner is nearby you have more weight than you need! 🤣. I have a 3rd generation 17 that is my primary CCW it has Truglo tritium sights that are worth their weight in gold in low light.

Attachments

• 20220317_095433.jpg
    20220317_095433.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
"Off topic chit chat."

Might you have other interests, outside of tortoises, that you'd like to converse about with some of the people here? Sort of like the "Cold Dark Room" or "Chat Thread 2.22", or "The Nut House", or my recent EV thread? None of these have anything to do with tortoises. Just subjects of interest among friends.

If you don't want to speak publicly, I'd be happy to chat with you on a private conversation thread.
Duly noted. You’re right.

Dragon

michagin
growing up in the country we always had guns hanging on a gun rack in the livingroom wall. a bb gun, shot gun, and 22 and an old civil war gun....all of which worked. My brother has them now...still hanging in dads bedroom on that same gun rack.....being a girl dad only let me shoot one gun one time....the old civil war gun....which knocked me on my butt!!! lol now all we have here is a bb gun in the way of a pistal....spike keeps it locked up why i dont know we have no kids but oh well lol Spike is a retired prison gaurd so he is very well schooled in guns and he sort of hates them. To me there just another tool when used correctly can help provide food for the table or simple injoyment when shooting at targets... which is what i like to do....when i can get him to take the box its in down from the very high shelf its on. lol and yes i want it kept there too as i dont want my grandson to get at it....