Happy one pound mark, Odin!

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Some time in the last month Odin blew past the one pound mark, going from 395 grams to 543 since since October 20th!
He celebrated by eating a nice healthy chunk of cactus fruit and then dirtying up my sink something awful.192.JPG 217.JPG10986834_10206462578503198_4154578874686237755_n.jpg 221.JPG

It took 18 months, but he is on track to be a beast sooner than later!

Last edited:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Congrats! Looking good. It is so much fun to watch them grow and thrive under our care isn't it?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Thanks, it has been wonderful! I can hardly remember him being so tiny anymore.

Do you think I should be concerned about this massive (for him) growth spurt? He has been getting Mazuri almost daily this last month as we try and get plants to take hold in his new greenhouse enclosure, so I expected he may have a bit more growth than I was used to, but I didn't expect THAT much!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I wouldnt be at all concerned about the "growth spurt." Our Sully too is growing and gaining faster and faster, week to week, month to month. Hes just now about 18 months old and over the 8 pound mark.

Here is a bit outdated graph of his growth where you can easily see the increase. Just keep them warm, happy, hydrated and plenty of food!

image.jpg

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Excellent! That is exactly how Odin's chart looks, except in grams rather than pounds, but I can see that will be changing now!:eek:

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Amazing how cute and tiny he is one day, and then all the sudden...! Wow, they grow up so fast! :') Where has the time gone? He keeps getting cuter in my opinion! ;)

TSchadel

Kansas
AWESOME Gma! Irwin is almost there as well - when I weighed him 2 days ago he was 15.5 oz and 5"! I think our torts are about the same age - and we both got them from our children...... Good to see Odon thriving. I got some dandelion seeds and planted in Irwins habitat - but he kept trampling them before they could grow. So I fashioned a temporay fence and will remove once they get mature enough for him to munch. Also ordered broadleaf testudo mix and will get that growing as well.
I feel the same way about my Irwin as you do your handsome Odon!!!

TSchadel

Kansas
Question - do you grow your cactus fruit? If not - where can I order? Irwin would love it! I get cactus pads online and he gets some several times per week. Would love to add the cactus fruit to his diet as well.