Has your Leo ever scared you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashburn, VA
Our tort likes to lay around, like really just flop down head and feet akimbo, looking like all he needs is a chalk outline to finish off the murder scene. Any one else?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Not in that way, but I have been outside bend over picking weeds or whatever and have had my back end bitten several times from one of them sneaking up behind me.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
No, but most of my tortoises try to eat my pants.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I know what you mean, when they feel real comfortable they will sleep or relax in strange postions that make them look dead! I have been worried a few times before. :D

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
I know he's fine but man it's hard to ignore the paranoia and it's even harder to get that tiny miror under his nostrils... ;)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I try to creep up on mine and get a pic when he's like this... but I'm too heavy footed! He always wakes up :(

You shouldn't be worried - just means they're VERY happy and relaxed.

Mine worries me when he's charging towards my painted toenails, mouth open!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
it's even harder to get that tiny miror under his nostrils... Wink;)

I think I cracked a rib when I read this, I laughed so hard I woke my teenage son up on the couch....and I know what you mean, I have poked at a tortoise or two a time or so in my time...lol

Humphry snoozing.jpegHumphry getting better.jpeg

Same tort, just one was when he was healing and one is last year....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
LeopardTortLover said:
I try to creep up on mine and get a pic when he's like this... but I'm too heavy footed! He always wakes up :(

You shouldn't be worried - just means they're VERY happy and relaxed.

Mine worries me when he's charging towards my painted toenails, mouth open!

Not overly worried, just new to the experience. This is our first tort and he is just around two months old. Mostly looking to hear funny stories like painted toenails!

ascott said:
it's even harder to get that tiny miror under his nostrils... Wink;)

I think I cracked a rib when I read this, I laughed so hard I woke my teenage son up on the couch....and I know what you mean, I have poked at a tortoise or two a time or so in my time...lol

Same tort, just one was when he was healing and one is last year....

Glad i could give you a chuckle, i was starting to wonder if the mic was turned on.

That's pretty much the pose btw.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Mine will chomp my toes if I wear sandals in their enclosures. Not scary but it's a pretty good pinch.

Soccerplr1

5 Year Member
My baby Sulcata gets "relaxed" from time to time and has certainly appeared lifeless... It freaked me out on more than one occasion. Good to hear this is a sign of a comfortable tort. Otherwise he is active and hungry !

travyn

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Sterling Thunder said:
Our tort likes to lay around, like really just flop down head and feet akimbo, looking like all he needs is a chalk outline to finish off the murder scene. Any one else?

Yes, my leo sleeps like this a lot! he's got a huge grin on his smug little face and he keeps all of his limbs as limp and untucked as possible. I jump every time I see him do it. His name may be tuck but he never tucks. When I nudge him to wake him up he just stretches his neck out for a rub. Spoiled. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.