He ripped down my enclosure...

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
... so Im taking over the entire side yard. Yep that's what you get dear hubby! :)

My darling husband decided this weekend to build a green house right where my Russian enclosure was. So he tore it down... :(

I smiled nicely and said... "Thats OK honey, I'll just turn the entire side yard (20'x80') into a MEGA enclosure, they will be much happier that way anyways." One of us wasn't smiling anymore.

It will take a lot of work, but totally worth the change. Its unused space anyways. He was a bit reluctant, but agreed in the end. So Next spring I will have some happy torts. YAY!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well hey, sounds like it all worked out to everyones benefit. Plus you can use the greenhouse to grow more tortoise food! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, my hubby would have seen the white light coming. But, now that I read Toms post, I say you take over the greenhouse. Anything that's not tortoise edible that hubby is growing, throw it out and replace with tort safe foods:D

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Gotta give a little to take a lot. :)

I think one whole wall should be dedicated to tort food, but I still want fresh tomatoes in winter. So I will share.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
littlestella said:
Gotta give a little to take a lot. :)

I think one whole wall should be dedicated to tort food, but I still want fresh tomatoes in winter. So I will share.

We can always tell which are [ happily ] married and which ones aren't. Or maybe which aren't real smart.. or something like that????

That reminds me.. my wife says I don't listen to anything she says - or something like that????

I'm with you Cheryl ..

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
20+ years and I haven't killed him yet ;)

Doesn't mean I haven't come close a few times, just means my aim isn't very good. :eek:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
littlestella said:
20+ years and I haven't killed him yet ;)

Doesn't mean I haven't come close a few times, just means my aim isn't very good. :eek:

:D Sounds like he is a lucky man. :D

Did he warn you he was going to tear it down?

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
The green house was originally going to go in the opposite end of the yard but after he watched the sun patterns for a few days he changed his mind. Our neighbors just chopped down a 60' tree and it completely changed the way our yard gets sun. So it is what it is.

He gave me a 10 min warning to clear out anything I wanted to keep. I wasn't that mad, I've been potting to take over that yard for awhile, just hadn't told him yet...hahaha. Gave me the perfect timing with very little fight.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Smart man to have watched the sun patterns!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
It's a funny thread!
You are the winner!
[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]