Healing Plastron

RosieTortoise

Hey everyone,

Rosie's shell rot appears to be healing, but there's some weird marks on her tummy I was wondering if it is new tissue growing in.

I treated her with antifungal cream a little while ago so there's still some on there. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170208_095243.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20170208_095248.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You talking about the little white squiggly lines? That's quite ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was told years and years ago that it was showing the calcium working it's way through new keratin. I don't know how true that is, but it is seen mostly in new growth and on younger tortoises. Since your shell rot is now showing new growth, then you see the white squiggly lines. At any rate, regardless of what it actually is scientifically, it's quite ok and perfectly normal.

RosieTortoise

I was told years and years ago that it was showing the calcium working it's way through new keratin. I don't know how true that is, but it is seen mostly in new growth and on younger tortoises. Since your shell rot is now showing new growth, then you see the white squiggly lines. At any rate, regardless of what it actually is scientifically, it's quite ok and perfectly normal.
Thank you! I was a bit worried. I didn't want her to get a secondary infection or anything.