Hello from Bakersfield California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas A

5 Year Member
hi all my name is Thomas and i just got my first sulcata :) im currently in the process of transforming my backyard a 50ft x 50ft space into large sulcata enclosure im posting a few pics now of they space but bare with me i have just began and have a LONG way to go i am open to all ideas though :) thanks for your time and hope to get alot of positive feedback

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 22
  • mms_picture_1.jpg
    mms_picture_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 20
  • mms_picture_2.jpg
    mms_picture_2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 19

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I see a lot of wonderful potentials in that yard! What made you get a sulcata or a tortoise even for that matter? :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME :). I see a very happy sulcata in your future. Not that he isn't happy now. Don't forget pics when it's done.

Thomas A

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Lots of grass to munch on. :) Welcome to the forum! Can we see pics of your new addition?

replying to a few things i want a sulcata because my mom raised them when she lived in Arizona and growing up i wanted to do the same not so much for breeding but just the simple grace that comes with the creature. :) and here is a pic of my new little guy im not sure of age or sex but im guessing around 4-5 years old probably female

Attachments

• mms_picture_4.jpg
    mms_picture_4.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 20
  • mms_picture_3.jpg
    mms_picture_3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 22
  • mms_picture_2 (1).jpg
    mms_picture_2 (1).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 19

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Thomas A said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Lots of grass to munch on. :) Welcome to the forum! Can we see pics of your new addition?

replying to a few things i want a sulcata because my mom raised them when she lived in Arizona and growing up i wanted to do the same not so much for breeding but just the simple grace that comes with the creature. :) and here is a pic of my new little guy im not sure of age or sex but im guessing around 4-5 years old probably female

Looks like a female. What is the length of your tort?

Thomas A

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Thomas A said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:

Looks like a female. What is the length of your tort?

5 1/2 inches

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Welcome! And although SHE is a tad small to be 100%? Trust me...you've got a girl there!

Thomas A

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Welcome! And although SHE is a tad small to be 100%? Trust me...you've got a girl there!

thanks for the warm welcome all! ill be sure to keep you all posted on my renovations. now that i have a big enough yard and my mother is getting up there in age im going to be adopting her 18 year old male ..about 120Lbs and yea im almost 100% sure that she is a girl as well. lots of pictures to come in the next few weeks :) !!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D How exciting and fun. You are not going to keep the little one within the same space/access as the older tort are you? :D

Thomas A

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Welcome to the Forum :D How exciting and fun. You are not going to keep the little one within the same space/access as the older tort are you? :D

thank you all again for the welcome :) and no of course not they will be safely separated

Status
Not open for further replies.