Hello from Germany !

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Sure I will. In the future I am dreaming of Geochelone sulcata, but it requires experience and propably extra room ☺

A sulcata wouldn't be the best dream.. You know how large they will get. To keep them in the summer will not be a problem but in the winter you said it you need an extra room or a extra greenhouse in the garden. I think better "tropical" tortoises for indoor keeping are for example malacochersus tornieri or testudo kleinmanni.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Ok but think about that when you see the beautiful kinds of tortoises here in the forum. I'm not sure if you will be happy than with one tort

Ania1983

Germany / Poland
I promise, I will think about it, but now - the most important thing is, that my little Janusz is happy with me...

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I know... but, as I said: distant future. As for now one turtle and the dog - is enough ☺
Dreams are good. One day, perhaps, your dream of keeping a sulcata may come true. My daughter-in-law's family came from Germany to visit us for the holidays. There are many things to do in Southern California, but all of them enjoyed their visits with my sulcata. There is just something about this species that is fascinating. Perhaps it was his size. I tend to think that it was the way that they could interact with him that they liked the most. Keep dreaming.

Ania1983

Germany / Poland
Dreams are good. One day, perhaps, your dream of keeping a sulcata may come true. My daughter-in-law's family came from Germany to visit us for the holidays. There are many things to do in Southern California, but all of them enjoyed their visits with my sulcata. There is just something about this species that is fascinating. Perhaps it was his size. I tend to think that it was the way that they could interact with him that they liked the most. Keep dreaming.
There is something magical in these mighty animals. It must be remarkable to observe them how they grow in the course of years.