Hello from Germany!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy2008

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!!
I'm originally from VA. Just moved to Germany about 7 months with the family. I'm the proud owner of two beautiful African Spurred tortoises that are 5 yrs old but I had to leave them behind with the in laws in NC until I can figure out how to bring them here. That option is not looking too good so I'm looking for a temporary home for them as a back up plan.
I've always been a turtle/tortoise lover... and to leave them behind was really difficult for me. Reading about other people's tortoises and seeing pictures makes me happy :) ... and sad at the same time but I love reading about it.

I'll be posting more information on my tortoises.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) sorry you had to leave your shelled members behind. Maybe someone on here can help you in getting them too you. Good luck. In the mean time, enjoy the pics on the forum and maybe that will help some.

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
Hello and Welcome. Since you mentioned VA and now Germany I'm thinking you're military?
You posted looking for a foster home and signed it V/R that was a give away :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. Yes, you must be military. Could you be navy? Just had USS Abraham Lincoln dock in Virginia.. could you be linked? Possibly...anyways, so sorry you had to leave your buds behind.

Lucy2008

5 Year Member
Hi back to everyone! I'm not military per say. My husband is prior Navy and now he works for the Army. Married to him for over 12 yrs so I guess the way we write and talk kinda rubs on :). We lived in Va beach for 10 yrs and he worked in Norfolk. Then we moved to Williamsburg when he was out of the Navy and started working for the Army. He has been a culture shock for us to move to Germany. We are enjoying ourselves but I miss home. We brought one dog with us because she's smaller and younger. Left behind our oldest (12 yr old) dog who is 115 lbs. And of course, I had to leave behind my babies because neither Delta nor United would fly reptiles. Shipping an animal to Germany is very expensive. I've contacted several private pet carriers in regards to the Sulcatas but because they need a CITES permit and other documents, it's not looking so promising. So unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to give them up and find them a new home. My in laws cannot take care of them much longer.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Mackita!!

Status
Not open for further replies.