Hello from Washington State!

1shortblogger

Hello everyone! My name is Lindsey. My SO and I will be getting a little female CB Russian Tortoise around the end of August, and we couldn't be more excited. I am from the Seattle area and was lucky to find a breeder nearby that we can go pick up our little one. I will probably have lots of questions but the breeder is super amazing and has provided so much information!

A little about me. I have loved reptiles and bugs ever since I was young. I was the kid who at recess would watch the lady bugs and other bugs instead of playing. I have had one other Russian Tortoise that passed away and have been wanting another ever since. I identify as a massive nerd, so feel free to talk nerdy! (I think I convinced my SO that our little girl will be named Hermione Haha!)

I look forward to getting to know you all and showing off our little one once we get her :)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi and welcome from Texas! I have couple of lovely Redfooted yearlings and the past 12 months with them have been my very first close encouter with any reptiles and absolutely adore my grand-torties (they belong to my 11 yr old daughter)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

We have some great care guides here written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and propagated by many pet stores and, sadly, some vets and breeders too.

Please read the following

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Russian Care Guide
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/

Baby Russian Care
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi and welcome from Texas! I have couple of lovely Redfooted yearlings and the past 12 months with them have been my very first close encouter with any reptiles and absolutely adore my grand-torties (they belong to my 11 yr old daughter)
It's great that you decided to join TFO. You can learn from others and also share your knowledge. I think it'll be awesome to have another go-to person withbug related questions:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Lindsey!

HappyHermanns

Rochester, Michigan
Hello everyone! My name is Lindsey. My SO and I will be getting a little female CB Russian Tortoise around the end of August, and we couldn't be more excited. I am from the Seattle area and was lucky to find a breeder nearby that we can go pick up our little one. I will probably have lots of questions but the breeder is super amazing and has provided so much information!

A little about me. I have loved reptiles and bugs ever since I was young. I was the kid who at recess would watch the lady bugs and other bugs instead of playing. I have had one other Russian Tortoise that passed away and have been wanting another ever since. I identify as a massive nerd, so feel free to talk nerdy! (I think I convinced my SO that our little girl will be named Hermione Haha!)

I look forward to getting to know you all and showing off our little one once we get her :)
Welcome!
Can't wait to see the pictures! ;)
It must be torture waiting until Aug.. :eek::eek:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Greetings from a Spokane native.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to get up to date info and lots of help. Russians are a great tortoise.