Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowturtles

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
I got a Sulcata hatchling last Thursday. Tortoise (no name yet) is eating kale and spring mix while I wait for our Timothy hay to arrive. We had a HOT and sunny weekend here and I walked tortoise down our block each day.
I attached a photo from my Instagram I took Saturday, but sorry I couldn't rotate!
Currently the tortoise has all neck and limbs hanging so very limp under the lamp.

Attachments

• image-2667315388.png
    image-2667315388.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 39

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to the forum! What a little cutie! So he is doing the "dead" tortoise stretched out and limp look. Did he scare you? I think sometimes they do that on purpose. :D As a baby, he may not be too interested in the hay. Have you read Tom's thread on these guys? It has some interesting and valuable points. This is the one:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1biakArtY

Glad you have joined us. Is this your first tortoise? :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Boy are you in for a long and fun ride... :)

Doritoinmontucky

5 Year Member
Montana
Hello, great looking tort! My torts do the dead limp tort every mornin for a little while( i have had people ask me if they were dead). Welcome.

-Derrik

snowturtles

5 Year Member
San Francisco
I read all that a couple if weeks ago when I was sure I was going to make the big leap! I know it may not eat it yet, but want to have it around and for hiding too. I've got it housed in a long and narrow 50 gallon tank.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D The first pic could be an album cover from the old days..very cool. Good you are getting natural sun time ....do you have a yard there for your one day bohemith:D

What is that white stuff in his enclosure substrate? The little white ball chunk things....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Snowturtles:

Welcome to the Forum!!

May we know your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.