Help (baby sulcata not doing well)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I’m not try to be an Ahole here. I adopted sulcata, I raised sulcata,I breed them and I sell them. This is just another bad mistake for the ppl who did not do at least 10 minutes of research before they getting them. Generally speaking,sulcata were cheap and easy tortoise. They look cute when they were little and ppl were told this is a easiest tortoise to raise. Back to the topic, this pet owner use a chameleon cage and put a super heat uvbuva light bulk on the top, basically he/she cooked/killed this baby. After he/she realized there is nothing could possibly save this poor little life. She post a thread here to ask forgiveness and try to do some last thing about it!. Above is my opinion for the tragedy.

Pet has no choice all they got was just you.
@kazjimmy you just put a lot of unnecessary guilt and blame on this person. You are being of no help if you can't help. I don't care how many torts you breed. You are not needed here if you can't give support

kazjimmy

baldwin park
@kazjimmy you just put a lot of unnecessary guilt and blame on this person. You are being of no help if you can't help. I don't care how many torts you breed. You are not needed here if you can't give support

You are such a kid! Ppl make mistake, I make mistake too! All My suggestion were accept the failure, move on, never make a same mistake. Let me ask. Who are you? I can’t leave a comment on something upset me?

Get over it!

kyel3840

Bethany , Oklahoma
Hey man it's not cool to get on here and just put people down and be rude to others. If that's all you can do and not show the members here respect then maybe you should find a new forum Kazjimmy!

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Hey man it's not cool to get on here and just put people down and be rude to others. If that's all you can do and not show the members here respect then maybe you should find a new forum Kazjimmy!

Now you try to pick up a flight or what? Read my comment before you say anything!

kyel3840

Bethany , Oklahoma
I read your comment and no need to pick a fight with you. Just saying you need to learn to be respectful on here to others as you would want them to be to you. Is that not correct?

Bee62

Germany
@Bee62 we might need you to cross your fingers for this one
Thank you for thinking of me. :)
I will sure cross my fingers for that little tort but it needs more than that.
The little sick tort needs long soaks ( twice a day for an hour ) in warm water ( the water must stay warm during the soaks ) with carrot baby food added.
Changes in the enclosure must be done asap too.

Changa

Ca
I bought a tiny sulcata around the 4th of July. I researched what I thought was a good amount, I was wrong. He hasn'tgood Morning
I’m not try to be an Ahole here. I adopted sulcata, I raised sulcata,I breed them and I sell them. This is just another bad mistake for the ppl who did not do at least 10 minutes of research before they getting them. Generally speaking,sulcata were cheap and easy tortoise. They look cute when they were little and ppl were told this is a easiest tortoise to raise. Back to the topic, this pet owner use a chameleon cage and put a super heat uvbuva light bulk on the top, basically he/she cooked/killed this baby. After he/she realized there is nothing could possibly save this poor little life. She post a thread here to ask forgiveness and try to do some last thing about it!. Above is my opinion for the tragedy.

Jazjimmy you may be right but sometime we don’t think what we are getting into, like myself my niece couldn’t take care of her little one so I jumped in not thinking what I was getting into but I found this site and man this site has helped and I Thank u and many who I have jumped in answered my questions in taking care of my Dorey and Donna
been feeling well for 7 days, not eating and eyes closed very lethargic. I started doing what was suggested of me through this page and he felt better one night, 2 nights ago and opened eyes and ate 2 bites of spring mix. But now he is back feeling bad. I had so much hope..... Now my question is, as a veterinarian tech, should I consider euthanasia. He hasn't eaten in going on 10 days. Is he suffering?

Changa

Ca
Thank you for thinking of me. :)
I will sure cross my fingers for that little tort but it needs more than that.
The little sick tort needs long soaks ( twice a day for an hour ) in warm water ( the water must stay warm during the soaks ) with carrot baby food added.
Changes in the enclosure must be done asap too.

Changa

Ca
Don’t criss ur fingers pls try what is presented to u
The people on this site are here to help
Take care of ur little one Take Care

Changa

Ca
I too New parent I need a lot of reading on Sulcatas
I wish I could something of information in ur little one :(

Changa

Ca
Thank u great information!
There is definitely a lot that needs to be changed. I don’t have much time to type, so please give these a read and compare your care-
How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0 https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/How-To-Raise-A-Healthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

For Those Who Have a Young Sulcata... https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/For-Those-Who-Have-a-Young-Sulcata....76744/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/
I’m sure another member will come along and point out what needs to be changed.[/QUOTE

Changa

Ca
56C9E8B5-A2E3-4787-B024-C60E890C5CD6.jpeg FC089480-60F9-4795-89CA-4D407DC8B5BC.jpeg Ok just by my pic what do u think u the expert U

Changa

Ca
Okay enough! I don't want to have to remove comments and you are all skating on thin ice. Let's get back to trying to help and educate each other.
Right On!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Don’t criss ur fingers pls try what is presented to u
The people on this site are here to help
Take care of ur little one Take Care
Changa me asking Bee62 to cross her fingers started when last yr I lost my sully Opo. Bee62 posted "I will keep my fingers crossed" for me to find Opo. The next day after being gone for 3 days I got Opo back. That is why I posted that.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
She
I bought a tiny sulcata around the 4th of July. I researched what I thought was a good amount, I was wrong. He hasn't been feeling well for 7 days, not eating and eyes closed very lethargic. I started doing what was suggested of me through this page and he felt better one night, 2 nights ago and opened eyes and ate 2 bites of spring mix. But now he is back feeling bad. I had so much hope..... Now my question is, as a veterinarian tech, should I consider euthanasia. He hasn't eaten in going on 10 days. Is he suffering?
Shelley any news on our little buddy? Sorry your thread went in the direction it did. Don't let that run you off. We are here to help and have great concern for you and your sick buddy. If it doesn't go right this time please let us know and we can guide you in the right direction.

Changa

Ca
She

Shelley any news on our little buddy? Sorry your thread went in the direction it did. Don't let that run you off. We are here to help and have great concern for you and your sick buddy. If it doesn't go right this time please let us know and we can guide you in the right direction.

Changa

Ca
Changa me asking Bee62 to cross her fingers started when last yr I lost my sully Opo. Bee62 posted "I will keep my fingers crossed" for me to find Opo. The next day after being gone for 3 days I got Opo back. That is why I posted that.
No worry