Help!!!! (eye weeping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1810

5 Year Member
I have a 18 month old RT u woke him up this morning for his bath and noticed that one of his eyes was running with water when he opened it,I checked his nose and that was clear of any fluid..Any help would be great thank u!!

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
RE: Help!!!!

What type of UVB are you giving him? What is your humidity? How often do you soak him? What substrate do you use? What do you feed him?can you post a pic of him and the eye? Is it only the one eye?

Azrielle Mckenzie

5 Year Member
salt water will help it but make sure the water isn't too hot and there's no loads of salt in. You can also buy vitamin eye drops which can also help. It's probably just an eye infection.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Check your humidity levels. Ambient in the room and accute humidity readings in his enclosure. What are the temps too. Typically when a tortoise eye weeps its too hot and dry. These combinations will seem like your tort is crying. Could also have a small piece of debris in his eye. Whats your substrate?

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
As tortadise said, proper humidity and heat and light will help prevent this. If only one eye is leaking, there may be something in it. You can rinse out the eye a little with isotonic saline (make w/ 1 cup of warm water and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt) in case there is debris in it. You can just carefully pour it onto the eye from above with a spoon or eye dropper.

chris1810 said:
I have a 18 month old RT u woke him up this morning for his bath and noticed that one of his eyes was running with water when he opened it,I checked his nose and that was clear of any fluid..Any help would be great thank u!!

Status
Not open for further replies.