Help my picky eater.

mads3732

Location (City and/or State)
Harrington
I feel like I constantly post about my Russian tourtise. I spoil the crap out of him, and in turn he really walks all over me. At first I thought his issues with food were something internal or just wrong. He stopped eating all forms of lettuce, or anything leafy, and would only eat squash. That's it, nothing else. I am in serious need of help. I began mixing mazri and other pre made food in with squash to try and get him to eat it and it worked. Even when the squash was covered in it, he would still eat the squash. But I still feel like this isnt enough. I definitely feel like eating nothing but squash and mazuri is not something that is good for him. Keep in mind, he also had a poor diet when he was given to me. I'm starting to uncover things about him that are making more sense and helping me understand him a little better. So I started today by chopping up spring mix and mixing it in with the squash. I'm breaking up the habit with hand feeding him as well. He never once went directly for the lettuce or mazuri at all, other then when it was on the squash. I need help and hopefully some other people are like me in this journey. :)

Maddy

ISU

South Korea
You can gradually reduce the amount of green you don't want him to get and increase the amount of green you do want

This is the advice I got here. And it took a really long time.

Jodipg82

Oviedo
My Leopard hatchling is a little turd too. I just purchased dried/chopped echinacea, plaintain and mulberry from Kapidolo Farms; Mazuri and Kapidolo also sent me some crumbles to try and he doesnt like any of it. I tried to moisten it and mix it in with his greens but he eats the greens without it. He wont eat his food if its got the calcium powder sprinkled on it UNLESS I put it on a piece of romaine which is one of his every now and then treats. He is a salty little 10 week old.

mads3732

Harrington
My Leopard hatchling is a little turd too. I just purchased dried/chopped echinacea, plaintain and mulberry from Kapidolo Farms; Mazuri and Kapidolo also sent me some crumbles to try and he doesnt like any of it. I tried to moisten it and mix it in with his greens but he eats the greens without it. He wont eat his food if its got the calcium powder sprinkled on it UNLESS I put it on a piece of romaine which is one of his every now and then treats. He is a salty little 10 week old.

It's been really frustrating. I'm struggling with feeling like I've failed as an owner when really he's just a bit of a jerk. Haha